Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Stand Up India Scheme
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 5 April 2016 launched Stand Up India Scheme to promote entrepreneurship among Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes and Women entrepreneurs.
Get Exclusive SBI Clerk notesInstall GK Digest Android App here
Mother Dairy Partners Delhi Daredevils As Principal Sponsor
- Mother Dairy, an Indian FMCG company has partnered with Indian Premium League (IPL) cricket team Delhi Daredevils as its principal sponsor.
National Geoscience Awards – 2014 Presented By President
- Pranab Mukherjee, the President of India conferred the National Geoscience Awards 2014 at a function to be held at RashtrapatiBhavan in New Delhi.
- The National Geoscience Awards was previously known as the National Mineral Awards and was instituted by the Ministry of Mines in 1966.
Odisha Government launches 100 AdarshaVidyalayas
- Odisha government has launched 100 AdarshaVidyalayas and CBSE-affiliated English medium schools in 14 districts of the state
Complete Ban On Alcohol In Bihar Imposed By State CM
- The Chief Minister of Bihar Mr. Nitish Kumar has declared total ban on the sale of all forms of alcohol with immediate effect.
Government to develop 25 regional airports
- To improve air connectivity, government plans to develop 25 regional airports.
India signs $100 million draft export pact with IDB
- India has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) for a possible $100 million line of credit to simplify exports to IDB’s member countries.
Madhukar Gupta committee constituted to suggest ways to strengthen security along Indo-Pak border
- The Union Government on 5 April 2016 constituted a high-level committee to suggest ways to strengthen the border protection along the border with Pakistan.
- It will also address the issue of gaps and vulnerability in border fencing along Indo-Pakistan border.
Mumbai gets its first-ever AC local train
- Mumbai has got its first air-conditioned suburban local train. which was flagged off from Integral Coach Factory in Chennai on March 31, has finally arrived in the metropolis, and its trial run would take place within a week.
Memorial for Abdul Kalam to be opened at DilliHaat
- Delhi government has passed a proposal to build a memorial for late President APJ Abdul Kalam at DilliHaat, south Delhi.
Manish Sharma first Indian to be Executive Officer Panasonic Corporation
- Japanese electronics giant Panasonic has appointed senior executive Manish Sharma to its global executive council, inducting an Indian onto the coveted decision-making body of the $80-billion company for the first time ever.
M H P Rao, The Architect Of Madras Atomic Power Station Passed Away
- The Architect or father of the Madras Atomic Power Station (MAPS), Mr. MyneniHari Prasad Rao has passed away in Chennai. He was 88 year old. He is survived by three daughters and a son.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here