Credit Suisse’s “Emerging Consumers scorecard 2016” topped by India
- India sat again on the top of the Credit Suisse Emerging Consumer Scorecard 2016. In accordance with the report, Indian consumers stay more optimistic about their present and future funds and moderately low inflation expectations.
Download exclusive notes on appInstall GK Digest Android app here
NE-ASEAN Business Summit commenced in Imphal
- Capital city of Manipur, Imphal, has been hosting North East-ASEAN Business Summit 2016at the City Convention Centre.
Rajasthan becomes the first state in India to clear land title Bill
- The Vasundhara Raje-led government has managed to pass the Rajasthan Urban Land(Certification of Titles) Bills 2016 in the state assembly.
WHO publicized Global Report on “Diabetes”
- On the occasion of World Health Day 2016 that was celebrated on April 7 with theme “Halt the rise: Beat Diabetes”, WHO has released its first Global Report on Diabetes.
World Bank initiated “Climate Action Plan”
- Washington, D.C. Headquartered World Bank presented its ambitious climate action plan that will help nations to create an additional 30 gigawatts of renewable energy, early warning frameworks and in creating climate smart agriculture investment plans for at least 40 nations.
Federal Bank–Phillip Capital tie-up announced at Singapore
- Kochi based Federal Bank has signed pact with Phillip Capital,for managing the NRI Portfolio Investment Scheme (PIS).
Vietnam Parliament approved Nguyen XuanPhuc as Prime Minister
- The Vietnamese parliament elected Former deputy prime minister of Vietnam elected Nguyen XuanPhuc as the 8th Prime Mininster of Vietname parliament . He was succeeded Nguyen Tan Dung who was removed from office on 6 April 2016.
GoJavas Appointed Amitabh CoomarAs Its New CEO
- Amitabh Coomar, a former divisional manager for brand marketing at ITC has appointed as CEO of GoJavas and Jai Vohra, the Head of Marketplace at Jabong.Com will appointed as headof the company’s Strategy and Planning functions.
HP unveils world’s thinnest laptop, business notebook
- California based giant HP unveiled world’s thinnest HP Spectre Notebook weighing 1 kg and as thin as 10.4 mm and Elite x3 a 5.96 inch touchscreen device that will enable users to connect seamlessly to a separate screen, mouse and keyboard
Saina sinks to World No. 8, Srikanth out of top 10 in BWF ranking
- India Open Super Series Defeat costs SainaNehwal and KidambiSrikanth dearly as the top Indian shuttlers slipped down the order in the latest BWF World ranking
Kansai Nerolac ties up with Gujarat Lions for IPL Season 9
- Kansai Nerolac Paints Ltd has signed up with the Gujarat Lions franchise as associate sponsor for the ninth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) which will start on April 9,2016.
Arvind Kejriwal launches Emraan Hashmi’s book ”The Kiss of Life How a Superhero and my son defeated cancer”
- Delhi CM, ArvindKejriwal has launched actor EmraanHashmi’s book titled, ”The Kiss of Life How a Superhero and my son defeated cancer”.
Merle Haggard, country music’s outsider hero, dies at 79
- Merle Haggard, one of the most successful singers in the history of country music died at his farm in California on April 6, He was 79.
Veteran Journalist and Author Yogendra Bali passes away.
- Veteran journalist and author Yogendra Bali has passed away. Mr. Bali has served The Times of India as its roving correspondent till retirement.