1. IndictDefinition: Accuse or charge one of fault, crime.
Usage: Perhaps due to the violent exterior of the accused the jury appeared ready to indict him even before even listening to the defense.
2. AddleDefinition: Confuse, bewilder, rot.
Usage: It was the defense lawyer's strategy to addle the witness so that he would forget his pre rehearsed speech and tell the truth.
3. AdventDefinition: Start of an era or age.
Usage: The advent of the IT era has brought about revolutionary changes in the Indian economy.
4. AdvertDefinition: Make reference to.
Usage: She thought he was none too sure of the issue as he adverted to his notes frequently.
5. AggrandizeDefinition: Multiply wealth, assets, riches.
Usage: The young scion justified his ancestry when it came to business decisions and managed to aggrandize the company's profits considerably.
6. AmokDefinition: In a state of rage.
Usage: The sudden noise and fireworks caused the cattle to run amok and charge in all directions.
7. AnnotateDefinition: Make a comment on.
Usage: A promotional documentary was made to annotate the bigger message behind the film which drew parallels between drama and real life.
8. BandyDefinition: Used frequently in casual talk or idea in turn.
Usage: You cannot hold a conversation with them unless you are able to bandy ideas on all topics as nothing is serious or sacrosanct in their vocabulary.
9. ThroesDefinition: Violent pains, especially at the moment of death.
Usage: In the throes of pain she could hardly make out who had rescued her or what was happening around her.
10. BellicoseDefinition: Violent, quarrelsome.
Usage: The parents warned their child to stay away from the bully as his bellicose nature always created unfriendly and tense situations.
11. PithDefinition: Choicest or the essential part of an idea or experience.
Usage: When surfing the internet for information one needs to segregate the superfluous from the pith.
12. DauntingDefinition: To make someone feel nervous and less confident about doing something.
Usage: The height of the mountain will daunt all but the most experienced climbers.
13. ZenithDefinition: The strongest or most successful period of time | The highest point reached in the sky by the sun, moon, etc.
Usage: The sun reaches its zenith at midday.
14. DetrimentalDefinition: Causing damage or harm; injurious.
Usage: I cannot understand this as I cannot see any detrimental effect on the carp.
15. ImpelledDefinition: To cause (someone) to feel a strong need or desire to do something.
Usage: Hunger impelled the boy to steal.