Railway Ministry launches e-enabled PMIS application to monitor Railway projects
- Union Railways Ministry Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu has launched an e-enabled application Project Management & Information System (PMIS) at Rail Bhawan in New Delhi.
Download exclusive ebooks on App onlyInstall GK Digest Android Application here
RS Ethics Committee recommends expulsion of Mallya
- The Ethics Committee of Rajya Sabha (RS) has unanimously recommended the expulsion of beleaguered businessman Vijay Mallya with immediate effect.
Patricia Espinosa selected new UNFCCC Executive Secretary
- UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has selected Mexican diplomat Patricia Espinosa as the executive secretary of the UNFCCC (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change). She will replace Christiana Figueres.
Piyush Goyal to unveil portal on payment to contract workers
- Coal and Power Minister Piyush Goyal will introduce a new portal for Contract Labour Payment Management System.
Lok Sabha passes Compensatory Afforestation Fund Bill, 2015
- The Lok Sabha passed the Compensatory Afforestation Fund Bill, 2015 for the establishment of funds under the public accounts of Centre and each State towards compensatory afforestation.
Scientists built the world’s smallest nano-engine
- A group of researchers from University of Cambridge researchers have built the world’s smallest working engine.
Scientists create world’s smallest thermometer from DNA
- Scientists have developed world’s ‘Smallest Thermometer‘ using DNA (Deoxyribonucleic acid) structures that can fold and unfold at specifically defined temperature functions.
South Korea, Japan, China agree to put joint efforts to ensure financial stability
- Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors from Japan, China, South Korea and the Association of South east Asian Nations have agreed on the need to address downside risks to global economic development.
Mark Selby wins 2016 World Championship title of Snooker
- England’s world number one snooker player Mark Selby (32-years) beat China’s Ding Junhui 18-14 to win his World Championship title of Snooker.
Seven Indian shuttlers qualify for Rio Olympics
- Seven Indian shuttlers have booked their berth for the upcoming Rio Olympics, scheduled in August.