Delhi Assembly Dy Speaker Bandana Kumari resigns
- Delhi Legislative Assembly Deputy Speaker and AAP leader Bandana Kumari has tendered her resignation in the wake of defeat of the party’s candidate in recent MCD by-polls.
Download exclusive notes in your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Lakshadweep becomes first UT to sign 24×7 ‘Power for All’ document
- Lakshadweep became first Union Territory (UT) to sign 24×7 Power for All document.
Railways conduct trial run of high-speed Talgo train
- Indian Railways conducted the first ever trial run for high-speed Talgo trains of Spain on the Bareilly-to-Moradabad stretch in Uttar Pradesh.
Maneka Gandhi releases draft trafficking of persons bill
- Union minister of Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi has released the Draft Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill 2016 in New Delhi.
PM flags off direct Kamakhya to Katra train
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has flagged off, the first ever direct train between Assam to Jammu & Kashmir.
Man gets 366 flag tattoos for Guinness record
- Har Parkash Rishi (74-years) is an Indian man who holds the Guinness World Record for having the maximum number of flags (366) tattooed on his body.
Weir sets world record in 1-mile wheelchair race
- Six-time Paralympic gold medal-winning British wheelchair racer, David Weir became the first wheelchair racer to complete a mile-long race (approximately 1.6 kilometers) in under three minutes.
Actor Suresh Chatwal passes away in Mumbai
- Veteran film and television actor Suresh Chatwal has passed away in Mumbai.
Lewis Hamilton wins Monaco F1 Grand Prix
- Three-time world champion Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes has won the Formula One season Monaco Grand Prix for the first time.
Discus thrower Seema Punia qualifies for Rio Olympics
- Asian Games discus throw gold medal winner Seema Punia (32- years) has qualified for the Rio Olympics with a 62.62 meters effort at the Pat Young’s Throwers Classic 2016 at Salinas (California) in the United States.