India to launch ‘112’ single emergency number on 1 Jan 2017
- The single emergency number ‘112‘ will be operational throughout India starting with 1 January 2017.
Download Exclusive Notes on AppInstall GK Digest Android App here
Nagaland Police receives smart policing award
- The Nagaland State Police’s SMS based Vehicle Monitoring System bagged the National Award for Smart Policing.
Indian-Origin man elected to Singapore parliament
- An Indian-origin lawyer from Singapore’s ruling People’s Action Party (PAP) MuraliPillai has been elected member of the parliament following his victory in the by-election held at suburban Bukit Batok constituency.
Gangavati to get Asia’s first Rice Technology Park
- Karnataka Government has decided to go ahead with the establishment of Asia’s first Rice Technology Park at Gangavati in Koppal district.
India ranks ninth in 2015 Crony-Capitalism Index
- India is ranked ninth in 2015 Crony-Capitalism Index with crony sector wealth accounting for 3.4 per cent of the gross domestic product (GDP).
Govt. starts UBIN drive for budding entrepreneurs
- Government has started the process for issuance of Unique Business Identification Number (UBIN) to enable budding entrepreneurs set up their business without any delays.
South Indian Bank announces tie up with National Australian Bank
- Thrissur-based South Indian Bank has announced a tie-up with National Australian Bank (NAB) for on line inward remittances from Australia at a competitive rate.
EC to send Meghdoot postcards to 3 lakh voters in Puducherry
- The Election Commission will be sending out ‘Meghdoot‘ postcards to three lakh voters requesting them to cast their votes in the May 16 Assembly polls in the Union Territory.
Airport Show opens in Dubai
- An Airport Show has opened in Dubai with participation of more than 300 companies from 55 countries including India.
Wrestlers Vinesh Phogat, Sakshi Malik grab Rio 2016 berths
- Two Indian women wrestlers Vinesh Phogat and Sakshi Malik have qualified for 2016 Rio Olympics scheduled to be held in August 2016.
Novak Djokovic wins 2016 Mutua Madrid Open
- World number one from Serbia Novak Djokovic has defeated defending champion Andy Murray 6-2, 3-6, 6-3 in the Men’s Singles final of the Madrid Open Tennis.