BAFTA TV awards 2016 has been announced
- The British Academy Television Awards have presented in an annual award show hosted by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA).
Download NOTES on AppInstall GK Digest Android App here
10 May: World Migratory Bird Day
- World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD) has been observed across the world on 10 May 2016.
Parliament Passes Anti-Hijacking Bill, 2016
- Parliament has passed the Anti-Hijacking Bill, 2016 to widen ambit of law dealing with this anti-hijacking crime.
Uma Bharti launches Ganga rejuvenation in Jharkhand
- Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Uma Bharti has launched nine projects for rural sanitation initiatives for conservation of River Ganga in Sahibganj, Jharkhand.
Govt forms committee to prepare policy framework for taxi
- Government has constituted a three member committee to prepare a policy framework for taxi and other transport operators.
Rodrigo Duterte wins Philippines Presidential polls
- Maverick anti-crime candidate Rodrigo Digong Duterte (71-years) has won the Philippine presidential elections, following the withdrawal of his opponents.
US actor William Schallert passes away
- US actor William Schallert(93-years), who parlayed an everyman face into hundreds of television and film roles, most notably as the father in the 1960s TV situation comedy The Patty Duke Show has passed away.
Senior advocate Atma Ram Nadkarni appointed Additional Solicitor General
- Senior advocate of Bombay High Court Atma Ram Nadkarni has been appointed as Additional Solicitor General.
Chhattisgarh relaxes labour laws, will benefit MSMEs
- The micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in Chhattisgarh will get respite from the regular inspections conducted by the competent authorities in the facility.
Indian Army conducts ‘Chakravyuh-II’ training exercise in Rajasthan
- Indian Army had conducted major military training exercise ‘2016 Chakravyuh-II’ in Suratgarh, Rajasthan.
Shashank Manohar resigns as BCCI President
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President Shashank Manohar has resigned from his post.