Niti Aayog to replace 5-year plans with 15-year vision document
- The National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has decided to replace the five year plans with 15 year vision documents.
Download Notes in your PhonesInstall GK Digest Android Application here
Sanjiv Misra appointed as Non-Executive Chairman of Axis Bank
- Private sector lender Axis Bank has appointed Sanjiv Misra as independent director and non-executive chairman for five years.
Govt approves Rs 1,984-cr Delhi-Meerut Expressway stretch
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has given its approval for development of 8 and 6 laning of Delhi-Meerut Expressway - Package-II on NH-24 in Uttar Pradesh.
Cabinet approves India's first IPR policy
- The Cabinet has approved India's first National Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy announced by FM Arun Jaitly.
India, Bangladesh hold security talks in Dhaka
- India and Bangladesh began a five-day dialogue in Dhaka over a host of security issues, including drug trafficking and cattle smuggling across the border between the two neighbors.
TRAI penalty on Telecom companies for call drops illegal : SC
- The Supreme Court of India has ruled that Telecom companies will not compensate mobile phone users for inconvenience caused by call drops. In this regard, the apex court has struck down the TRAI Regulation which made it mandatory for telecom companies to compensate subscribers for call drops from January 2016.
Sri lankan President on a two day India visit
- President of Sri Lanka Maithripala Sirisena will arrive in capital today. He is on a two day visit to the nation.
Delhi no longer the world's most polluted city: WHO
- World Health Organization has said that India is home to four of the five cities in the world with the worst air pollution.
India and five others countries sign agreement on tax info sharing
- As per the report published by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), India and five other countries have signed a multilateral pact for automatic exchange of information on tax issues and developing new tools to tackle the tax evasion.
Parkash Singh panel submits report on Jat quota stir
- In Haryana, Parkash Singh committee, headed by former DGP of Uttar Pradesh retired IPS Officer Parkash Singh has submitted its report on Jat Quota agitation to Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal.
Cabinet approves pact between SEBI and FSRA of Abu Dhabi
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between SEBI and Financial Services Regulatory Authority, Abu Dhabi for Mutual Co-operation and Technical Assistance.
RBI issues norms for prior approval of branch offices by foreign entities in India
- The Reserve Bank of India has stated that entities from Pakistan, China, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Iran and Hong Kong or Macau will require its prior approval to establish branch office or project office or liaison office in India.
World's largest cargo aircraft has landed in Hyderabad, India
- World’s largest cargo aircraft - Antonov An-225 Mriya has made its first landing in India at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad for refuelling. It will stay at the GMR-owned Shamshabad Airport for 20 hours.
Head of Sant Nirankari Mission passes away
- The head of Sant Nirankari Mission and an Indian spiritual guru Hardev Singh has passed away in a road accident in Canada. He was 62 year old.
Anil Kumble retained ICC Cricket Committee head, Rahul Dravid made member
- Former India captain Anil Kumble has been re-appointed ICC Cricket Committee chairman for a second term of three years while his one- time team-mate Rahul Dravid was named member of the top panel. Kumble will now continue to head the panel until 2018.