UR Rao becomes first Indian to be awarded IAF’s ‘Hall of Fame’ Award
- Former ISRO Chairman and space scientist Prof. Udupi Ramachandra Rao became the first Indian to be given ‘Hall of Fame’ Award by the International Astronautical Federation (IAF).
Download exclusive notes on your mobile
Install GK Digest Android App here
Govt. launches 15-day special Swachh Office Drive
- Urban Development Minister M.Venkaiah Naidu has launched a 15-day special Swachh Office Drive for ensuring cleanliness at all Government offices across the country under Swachh Bharat Mission.
Justice Mukul Mudgal appointed as deputy chairman of FIFA Governance Committee
- Justice Mukul Mudgal has been appointed as Deputy Chairman of FIFA Governance Committee.
FIFA admits Kosovo, Gibraltar as new members
- FIFA admitted Kosovo and Gibraltar as new members, allowing them to play qualifiers for the 2018 World Cup, but Serbia vowed to take legal action to reverse its former province’s admission.
India successfully test fires supersonic interceptor missile
- India successfully test-fired its indigenously developed supersonic interceptor missile, capable of destroying any incoming hostile ballistic missile from a test range off Odisha coast.
Four Indian peacekeepers, civilian to be honored posthumously
- Four Indian peacekeepers and a civilian will be honored with the Dag Hammarskjold Medal on the International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers by United Nations.
India Post Goes High-Tech, Geo-Tags Post Offices On Bhuvan
- The postal department of India( India Post) is going high tech by geo tagging the post office on Bhuvan and has begun monitoring timely clearance of the letter boxes through a mobile app.
Former Test cricketer Deepak Shodhan passes away
- India’s oldest Test cricketer and the 2nd Indian to score a memorable test century in his debut innings Deepak Shodhan(87-years) has passed away due to a heart attack at his residence in Ahmedabad.
Sudha breaks 3,000m steeplechase national record
- Rio Olympics qualified sprinter, Sudha Singh set a new national record in the 3,000-meter steeplechase category by clocking 9 minutes and 26.55 seconds in the IAAF Diamond League race in Shanghai.
Max Verstappen wins Spanish Grand Prix, becomes youngest F1 winner
- Teengar Max Verstappen (18 yeares and 228 days) has become the youngest ever Formula One winner,replacing four-time champion Sebastian Vettel who had also taken that record as a Red Bull driver at 21 years and 74 days in 2008.
Indian women win silver medal in Asian team squash Championships
- Indian women’s squash team have won the silver medal at the 18th Asian Team squash championships at Taipei in Chinese Taipei.
Andy Murray wins 2016 Italian Open title
- Andy Murray from Britain has won the 2016 Italian Open title of Tennis in the men’s singles category.
- He defeated Novak Djokovic (World No.1) for the first time on the clay court by 6-3, 6-3 score in the final match played in Rome(Italy).
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here