Han Kang’s “The Vegetarian” wins Man Booker International Prize
- South Korean author Han Kang (45-years) has won the prestigious Man Booker International Prize for her “unforgettably powerful” novel ‘The Vegetarian’ which deals with a woman’s rejection of human brutality and giving up of eating meat.
Download exclusive notes on your MobileInstall GK Digest Android Application here
India, US hold first maritime security dialogue
- India and United States held their first Maritime Security Dialogue in New Delhi for deepening the evolving partnership in the maritime domain between both countries.
HDFC Bank launches Smart Up
- HDFC Bank Ltd. launched SmartUp, a first-of-its-kind dedicated solution for start-ups in Kolkata.
RBS to close retail banking operations in India
- UK- based Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) will close down it’s retail operations in the country which will resulting in shutting down of 10 branches.
World Hypertension Day being observed
- The World Hypertension Day is being observed today(17thMay) .
- The day was initiated by the World Hypertension League to increase awareness about hypertension.
JK Rowling receives highest French civilian honour
- Renowned author of Harry Potter series, Mr. JK Rowling has been honored with the highest French civilian honour ‘French Legion Of Honour‘.
Rajasthan to be 1st state to issue ads to appoint vice-chancellors
- The new arrangement will replace the existing convention riddled with delays and allegations of political favoritism of direct appointment of vice-chancellors .
S Y Quraishi has been awarded with an honorary fellowship in UK
- Former Chief Election Commissioner S Y Quraishi has been awarded with an honorary fellowship by a UK student body to celebrate and acknowledge his contributions in shaping the present and future of India.
China launches Yaogan-30 remote sensing satellite
- China has successfully launched Yaogan-30 remote-sensing satellite into sun-synchronous orbit using the Long March-2D rocket.
World Bank approves $625 m loan to support rooftop solar programme in India
- The World Bank’s Board has approved USD 625 million loan to support the central government’s programme to generate electricity from rooftop solar power plants.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here