World’s largest Single Rooftop Solar Power Plant inaugurated in Amritsar
- World’s largest single rooftop solar power plant of 11.5 Mw capacity has been inaugurated by the Chief Minister of the Punjab, Parkash Singh Badal, at Dera Baba Jaimal Singh, Beas, in Amritsar, Punjab.
Download exclusive notes on your android phoneInstall GK Digest Android App here
Govt sets up FRBM committee on fiscal deficit range
- The Union Government has constituted a five member committee to comprehensively review and give recommendations on the Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (FRBM) road map for the future.
Country’s first driver-less Metro train flagged off from New Delhi
- Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal flagged off the trial run of the first driver less metro trains in New Delhi.
Shri Nitin Gadkari Launches INFRACON, ePACE and up-Scaled INAM PRO
- Govt. has launched three IT and ITES initiatives for best practices in road transport sector.
- They are INFRACON, ePACE and up-ScaledINAM PRO.
Indian Short Film ‘Beti’ To Be Screened At Seattle International Film Festival
- A non-fiction short film on girl child education, Beti made by young student filmmakers of Chandigarh, has been invited for a special screening at the 42nd Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF), Washington DC.
NASA launches near-space monitoring super pressure balloon from New Zealand
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has successfully launched a super pressure balloon to conduct near-space scientific investigations.
Odisha Government launches Green Passage Scheme for orphan students
- Odisha Government has decided to launch Green Passage scheme for orphan students to ensure that they get free of cost higher education in the state.
IT department launches e-nivaran portal to fast track taxpayers grievances
- The Income Tax department has launched electronic grievance redressal system ‘e-nivaran’ to fast track taxpayer grievances and ensure early resolution of their complaints.
Syamantak Payra wins Intel Foundation Young Scientist Award
- Indian American from Texas Syamantak Payra (15-year) has won the $50,000 Intel Foundation Young Scientist Award.
England cricketer Joe Root bags top three England cricket awards
- England cricketer Joe Root (25 year) has bagged a hat-trick of awards, as he was named Test Player of the Year, Limited Overs Player of the Year and Fans’ Player of the Year at the England’s annual awards ceremony.