Centre approves Rs.9,005 Cr. investment for affordable housing in three states
- The government of India has approved an investment of Rs.9,005 crore for construction of 73,205 more houses for Economically Weaker Sections(EWS) in urban under Prime Minister’s Awas Yojana(PMAY) in the States of Maharashtra, Punjab and Jammu & Kashmir.
- An inter-ministerial Central Screening & Monitoring Committee chaired by Dr.Nandita Chatterjee, Secretary (HUPA) approved the first batch of housing proposals during the current financial year.
Download Shortcuts eboos on App only
Install GK Digest Android App here
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) and Saarc Development Fund (SDF) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for mutual cooperation and collaboration.
S K Bhagat appointed DG- Railway Protection Force
- Senior IPS officer of Uttarakhand cadre Surender Kumar Bhagat has been appointed as the Director General (DG) of Railways Protection Force (RPF).
- He is presently working as Special Director General in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) at Western Sector, Jammu & Kashmir.
BlackBerry Launches BBM Money Transfer Service in India
- Smartphone maker BlackBerry, in partnership with digital payments platform Digitsecure, has launched its money transfer service, called BBM Money, in India.
- BlackBerry users can download the BBM Money app and transfer funds to one another through BlackBerry Messenger.
NK Singh selected for Japan’s highest civilian award
- Former bureaucrat and parliamentarian N. K. Singh will receive one of Japan’s highest civilian honours for promoting economic, educational and cultural ties between India and Japan.
India, Papua New Guinea sign four agreements
- India and Papua New Guinea(PNG) have signed four Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) in various sectors to boost bilateral cooperation.
- The MoUs were signed in the presence of the visiting President Pranab Mukherjee and the Papua New Guinea Prime Minister Peter O’ Neil in Port Moresby, capital of Papua New Guinea
Odisha CM launches 100 piped water supply projects
- The chief minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik dedicated to the people 100 piped water supply projects for rural areas and promise to make piped water provision in all gram panchayats by 2017.
- The project was inaugurated on the occasion of 'Utkal Gaurab Madhusudan Das’ anniversary.
Rio Olympics: AbhinavBindra joins Salman Khan as India's Goodwill Ambassador
- Beijing Olympics gold medalist and ace shooter AbhinavBindra today accepted the offer of the Indian Olympic Association to become India's Goodwill Ambassador for the Rio Olympics.
- The IOA had stirred up a controversy last Sunday when they named Salman Khan as a Goodwill Ambassador.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here