NABARD partners with Germany for food security initiative
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has entered into collaboration with German Government for a special programme on ‘Soil Protection and Rehabilitation for Food Security‘.
Download exclusive notes only on AppInstall GK Digest android app here
South India’s first underground metro services flagged off in Bengaluru
- South India’s first underground metro services flagged of in Bengaluru i.e. at East-West corridor (Purple Line) of Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL).
Madhya Pradesh High Court terms reservation in promotions in the State as unconstitutional
- The Madhya Pradesh High Court has termed reservation in promotions in the state as unconstitutional. Ruling in this regard was given by HC division bench chaired by Chief Justice A M Khanwilkar on the petitions filed several employee associations and social organisations.
International Labour Day celebrated
- International Labour Day, known as May Day was celebrated on 1st May. The theme of International Labour Day of 2016 is "Celebrating the international labour movement".
SIDBI inks MoU with SAARC Development Fund
- The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has inked MoU with SAARC Development Fund (SDF) for mutual cooperation and collaboration.
Union Government launches UJALA Scheme
- The Union Government has launched National LED programme – Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA). It was launched by Union Minister for State (IC) for Power, Coal and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016 comes into force
- The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016 came into force on 1 May 2016.
- In this regard, Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA) had notified 69 of the total 92 sections of the Act to bring it into force from 1 May 2016.