Pinarayi Vijayan takes oath as Kerala Chief Minister
- Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Pinarayi Vijayan today took oath as the Chief Minister of Kerala with 19 ministers at the central stadium in capital Thiruvananthapuram in a ceremony that drew over 30,000 people.
Download Free notes in your MobileInstall GK Digest Android app here
HRD Ministry to launch student tracking system, ASMITA
- The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) will launch a student tracking system ASMITA next month.
India signs $100 million loan agreement with World Bank
- India and World Bank have signed the Loan and Project Agreements for World Bank assistance of US 100 million dollars for Karnataka Urban Water Supply Modernization project.
Diesel vehicles over 10 years banned in Kerala : NGT
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) Circuit Bench of Kochi has banned light and heavy diesel vehicles which are more than 10 years old in six major cities of Kerala.
Newly-elected Tiruparankundram MLA passes away
- Newly elected MLA of Tiruparankundram constituency belonging to AIADMK, S.M. Seenivel (65-years), passed away at a private hospital.
Pink Panther star, Burt Kwouk passes away
- Burt Kwouk (85-years),who was best known for playing Inspector Clouseau’s manservant Cato in the Pink Panther films has died.
Odisha Governor promulgates ordinance for official use of Odia
- Odisha Governor Dr. SC Jamir has promulgated Odisha Official Language (Amendment) Ordinance, 2016 to ensure use of Odia in all government systems.
World’s first 3D-printed office opens in Dubai
- The world’s first 3D-printed office building opened this week in Dubai.
- It is a single story building spread across 2,700 square foot.
INS Tarmugli Commissioned into Indian Navy in Visakhapatnam
- The Indian Navy has commissioned indigenously built highly maneuverable Fast Attack Craft INS Tarmugli at the commissioning ceremony held in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
US engineer Frances Arnold wins Millennium Technology Prize
- US biochemical engineer, Frances Arnold (59-years )has won the Millennium Technology Prize for her work ‘directed evolution’ in Finland.
Cabinet clears Railway projects worth Rs 11,000 crore
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, CCEA today gave its approval for Railway projects worth Rs 11,000 crore.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here