EPFO doubles insurance for subscribers to Rs 6 lakh
- Union Government has enforced the decision of retirement fund body EPFO to almost double the maximum sum assured under its insurance scheme from 3.6 lakh to 6 lakh rupees.
Download exclusive notes in your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
ISRO to test air-breathing propulsion system
- Indian Space Research Organisation is planning to test an air-breathing propulsion system, which aims to capitalize on the oxygen in the atmosphere instead of liquefied oxygen while in flight.
New Website for AYUSH and web portal For International Day of Yoga
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH Shri ShripadYessoNaik has launched the new website of the Ministry of AYUSH and web portal for International Day of Yoga in New Delhi.
Union Cabinet gives approval to 6 new IITs
- The Union Cabinet gave its ex post facto approval to amend The Institutes of Technology Act, 1961 for incorporation of new IITs at Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh), Palakkad (Kerala), Dharwar (Karnataka), Bhilai (Chhattisgarh), Goa, Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir) and conversion of Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad to an IIT under the law.
Islamic banking to debut in Gujarat
- Jeddah-based Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is set to start its India operations from Gujarat.
- Its a part of MoU between India’s EXIM Bank and IDB during Prime Minister Narendra Modi visit to United Arab Emirates (UAE) in April 2016.
Union Government unveils First National Capital Goods policy
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval for National Capital Goods Policy 2016 to give an impetus to the capital goods sector and the Make in India initiative.
India fifth largest producer of e-waste: Assocham India
- As per recent study conducted by Assocham-KPMG, India has emerged as the world’s fifth largest electronic waste (e-waste) producer.
Govt. approves India, Maldives MoU for cooperation in field of tourism
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval to the Memorandum of Understanding signed between the Union Ministry of Tourism and Ministry of Tourism of Government of Maldives.
14 Russian athletes tested positive for doping at Beijing Olympics
- According to Russian Olympic Committee 14 of its athletes at the 2008 Beijing Olympics tested positive for doping during re-tests of their samples.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here