Union Government approves NIMZ in Kalinganagar, Odisha
Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ) in Kalinganagar, Odisha.
- It will come up on a massive area of 163 square kilometres and on completion will be the third NIMZ of India.
- Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry has approved fund of Rs. 4241 crore.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
China sign two agreements with Sudan to build nuclear reactor
- It was the first of its kind project to be built by China in African country.
- The two framework agreements in this regard have been signed by state-owned China National Nuclear Corp (CNNC) with Sudan.
20 Nirbhaya buses with multiple IT-enabled safety measures launched
Rajasthan State Transport Corporation (RSTC).
- These buses are fitted with multiple IT-enabled safety measures to better protect women passengers and keep anti-social elements under check.
- These buses were launched by RSTC as a pilot project under the NIRBHAYA scheme.
India’s growth to rise to 8 percent in FY2019: Fitch
- Fitch also expects India’s GDP to grow 7.5% in fiscal year ending March 2016 and improve to 7.7% in the current fiscal year and further to 7.9% in the fiscal year ending Union HRD Ministry launches Bharatavani Portal.
Human Resource Development (HRD Minister Smriti Zubin Irani has launched the multilingual knowledge portal www.bharatvani.in at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh as part of Union Government’s
- The first knowledge portal of its kind in India will help the government to showcase the Indian culture and heritage to the world.
Govt. approves over Rs 5500 Cr investment to improve infrastructure in six states
The Union Government has approved an investment of over 5500 crore rupees for basic urban infrastructure in six states under Atal Mission.
- The States are Madhya Pradesh,Gujarat, Rajasthan,Odisha, Jharkhand and Meghalaya. The decision was taken by the Apex committee of Urban Development Ministry under
- Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation, AMRUT in New Delhi.
Aditi Krishnakumar wins ‘Scholastic Asian Book Award
- Indian woman author in Singapore Aditi Krishnakumar (31-years)has won the ‘Scholastic Asian Book Award‘ for her manuscript rooted in Indian history.
- She won the ten thousand Singapore dollar award this week for her manuscript “Codex: The Lost Treasure Of The Indus“.
- The Scholastic Asian Book Award (SABA) is the joint initiative of the National Book Development Council of Singapore and Scholastic Asia.
New timetable of Railways to come into effect from 1st Oct
The new timetable of Railways will come into effect from October 1 this year as against July 1.
- Since the public transporter is introducing some major changes in the train schedules.
- A Railway Ministry official said that the existing timetable will continue to be valid upto September 30 this year and all trains will run as per the schedule of existing time table upto September-end.
- Generally, the new timetable becomes operational from July 1.
I&B Ministry frames guidelines for online govt ads
The Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Ministry has framed policy guidelines for central
government advertisements on websites.
- All online ads from the Centre would now be routed via the Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity (DAVP), which would em panel eligible websites.
- Further, DAVP will fix the rates of advertisements and would also be responsible for their strategic placement.
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev to lead Yoga Session at UN
the second International Yoga Day next month.
- International Yoga Day will be commemorated on the 21st of June.
- Yoga for the Sustainable Development Goals will be the theme of this year’s Yoga Day.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here