Parliament passes Mines and Minerals Amendment Bill, 2016
Download exclusive notes on AppInstall GK Digest Android App here
World Press Freedom Day celebrated
- The World Press Freedom Day (3rd May) was observed across the world with the theme Access to Information and Fundamental Freedoms - This Is Your Right!
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister launched Chandranna Bima Yojana
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandra babu Naidu has inaugurated an insurance scheme 'Chandranna Bima Yojana' for the working class people.
Google acquires start-up by Indian-origin business man
- n American multinational technology company, Google has acquired a business technology start-up 'Synergyse' founded by an Indian-origin entrepreneur as part of its plans to scale training offerings for Google Apps to its customers and customers' users.
Govt launches MICE initiative for up gradation of tourism sector
- Union government has launched an initiative named MICE which is based on meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions for the up gradation of tourism sector in India.
BHEL commissions 600 MW thermal power plant in MP
- State-run Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has announced the commissioning of a 600 MW coal-based thermal power plant in Madhya Pradesh.
Kishore Biyani appointed MD of Bharti Retail
- Future Group’s Chief Executive Kishore Biyani has been appointed managing director of Bharti Retail as part of the reconstitution of the board following their merger pact announced last year.
Sachin Tendulkar to be India's goodwill ambassador at Rio Olympics
- Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar has agreed to become India's Olympic goodwill ambassador, along with actor Salman Khan and Shooter Abhinav Bindra.
Indian American Sikh woman elected to key Republican position
- An Indian American Sikh woman from California, Harmeet Kaur Dhillon has been elected to an important position in the Republican party at the US national level.
Virat Kohli nominated for Khel Ratna and Ajinkya Rahane for Arjuna Awar
- BCCI has nominated Indian Test captain Virat Kohli for the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award and his teammate Ajinkya Rahane for Arjuna Award. These nominations by BCCI have come after a gap of four years.