ICICI Bank signs MoU with New Development Bank
- The largest private sector bank of India, ICICI bank has become the first financial institution in the country to tie up with the New Development Bank to explore opportunities around bond issuance, co-financing, treasury management and human resources.
Download exclusive notes on AppInstall GK Digest Android App here
Govt. retires 33 tax officials for non-performance
- For the first time, 33 officers/officials of the Revenue Services, including seven Group ‘A’ officers, have been prematurely retired for non-performance under Rule 56(j) of CCS (Pension) Rules
Kumar Rajesh Chandra appointed aviation security wing chief
- Senior IPS officer (1985- batch) Kumar Rajesh Chandra has been appointed as chief of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS), the aviation security wing of the government.
Haryana to enact Sports Council Act
- Haryana government would enact State Sports Council Act to accord statutory status to the Sports Council and further promote sports activities in the state.
Railway minister launches new train services for J&K
- Railway Minister of India Suresh Prabhu remotely flagged off two new train services for Jammu and Kashmir from the Rail Bhawan in New Delhi.
Swiss honour for Yash Chopra
- Late director Yash Chopra, who captured the verdant Swiss valley in his films, has been honoured with a special statue by the Switzerland government.
Number of gram panchayats in Odisha to increase by 500 to 600
- The number of gram panchayats in the Odisha state will increase by around 500 to 600.
Corp Bank gets MSME award
- Corporation Bank has been awarded ‘excellence award on empowering MSMEs’ by the Federation of Industry, Trade and Services (FITS).
Lok Sabha passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2015
- The Lok Sabha has passed the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code Bill 2016.
- The bill is being seen as a transformational legislation that will help in improving India’s ranking in the World Bank’s ‘Ease of Doing Business’ index.
Rohit Sharma unveils India’s first sports expo
- Cricketer Rohit Sharma has inaugurated India’s first sports expo in Pune.
- It is the first sports expo being held in the country organised by city-based Steps Sports Entertainment Private Limited and will be open for public till May 8.