Ashok Lavasa becomes new Finance Secretary
- Senior IAS officer (1980-batch) Haryana cadre Ashok Lavasa has been designated as the Finance Secretary by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) headed by PM Narendra Modi
Download notes in your Android MobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Govt. notifies panel for Delhi Metro fare revision
- Union Government has notified a panel, headed by a former Delhi High Court judge, for revision of fares for Delhi Metro which will submit its report within three months.
Govt doctors’ retirement age extended to 65 years
- Government approved extending retirement age of doctors of Central Health Services to 65 years.
Former Delhi Police chief B S Bassi appointed UPSC member
- Former Delhi Police Commissioner B S Bassi has been appointed as a member of UPSC.
Kannada writer D JavareGowda passes away
- Prominent Kannada writer, poet, D JavareGowda popularly known as ‘De Ja Go‘(101-years) passed away due to cardiac arrest at a hospital in Mysuru.
Govt. expands Indradhanush: Four new vaccines added
- The government’s ambitious Mission Indradhanush programme, which provides immunisation against seven life threatening diseases is all set to be re-christened as four new vaccines have been added into it.
Former LokSabha MP Rudra Madhab Ray passes away
- Former LokSabha MP from Odisha and senior BJP leader RudraMadhab Ray has passed away at a hospital in Bhubaneswar. He was suffering from Kidney related problems from past couple of month. He was 80 year old.
Alastair Cook Becomes Youngest Cricketer To Score 10000 Test Runs
- England captain Alastair Cook has become the youngest ever batsman to cross 10,000 runs in Test cricket and also become the 12th man to join the elite 10,000-run club in Test cricket.