12 June: World Day against Child Labour
- The World Day against Child Labour is being observed annually across world on 12 June to bring awareness against child labour.
Download exclusive notes on your Android MobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Justice Rakesh Ranjan Prasad takes charge of Chief Justice of Manipur HC
- Senior-most Judge of the Manipur High Court Justice Rakesh Ranjan Prasad has assumed charge of the Chief Justice of the High Court
China launches 23rd BeiDou Navigation Satellite
- China has successfully launched its 23rd BeiDou Navigation Satellite to support its global navigation and positioning network.
Industrial production shrinks 0.8% in April this year
- The country’s industrial production shrank 0.8 % in April this year, dragged down by a poor performance of the manufacturing and capital goods sectors.
Microsoft to buy LinkedIn for $26.2 billion
- Microsoft is buying the professional networking website LinkedIn for just over $26 bn.
Singer Rod Stewart receives knighthood
- Singer Rod Stewart has received a knighthood in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list, for his services to music and charity.
‘Hamilton’ dominates Tony Awards with 11 wins
- “Hamilton”, the hit musical, which led with record-breaking 16 nominations, won a total of 11 awards including Best Musical, Best Original Score for mastermind Lin-Manuel Miranda and Best Leading Actor in a Musical for Leslie Odom Jr. at the Tony Awards here.
Tata Power acquires Welspun's renewable energy assets
- Tata Power has acquired the renewable energy (RE) subsidiary of Delhi-based Welspun Energy. It is estimated to be a Rs 9,900-crore deal.
Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal top 3 sites for sellers: Nielsen
- Amazon followed by Flipkart and Snapdeal were the most preferred e-commerce websites among sellers, with highest top of the mind recall, a recent study has revealed.