PM Modi releases India’s first disaster management plan
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the first ever National Disaster Management Plan prepared in the country.
Download Exclusive Notes on your MobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
World’s longest rail tunnel to be inaugurated in Switzerland
- Switzerland has inaugurated the world’s longest and deepest rail tunnel Gotthard Base Tunnel, running under the Swiss Alps
Asia’s largest tech trade show COMPUTEX kicks off in Taipei
- Asia’s largest technology trade show COMPUTEX kicked off in Taipei.
BRICS New Development Bank to issue first yuan-denominated bonds
- The New Development Bank of the BRICS countries is set to issue its first yuan-denominated bonds with plans to release more bonds in local currencies including in Indian Rupee.
Four month window to disclose black money opens today
- The Income Declaration Scheme will open today and will remain in force till 30th of September.
Odisha govt to create 500 more gram panchayats
- The Odisha government has decided to create 500 more gram panchayats in addition to the existing 6,234 ahead of the panchayat elections due in February next year.
Delhi Govt Launches ‘DVAT M SEWA’ Mobile App
- Delhi Chief Minister ArvindKejriwal has launched a mobile app “DVAT M SEWA” through which city traders can register themselves with the VAT department of Delhi government.
UP Govt. approves detailed project report of Varanasi Metro Rail
- The Uttar Pradesh Government has approved the Detailed Project Report (DPR) of Varanasi Metro rail project.
Bollywood comedian Razak Khan passes away
- One of the best comedians of Bollywood movies Razak Khan passed away due to cardiac arrest in Bandra, Mumbai.
Sri Lanka’s Nuwan Kulasekara retires from test Cricket
- Sri Lanka seamer Nuwan Kulasekara has announced his retirement from Tests to focus on limited-overs cricket.