Sachin Tendulkar to lend name for Kerala Government’s Anti-Drug Campaign
- Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar has agreed to a request of Kerala government to use his name in a campaign against drug and liquor abuse in the state.
Download Exclusive notes in your Android phoneInstall GK Digest Android app here
Union Cabinet approves setting up of India Post Payments Bank
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval for setting up the India Post Payments Bank as a Public Limited Company under the Department of Posts.
CCEA approves 51 km railway line from Mau to Tarighat
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) gave its approval for a new 51 km broad gauge line from Mau to Tarighat, aiming to provide an alternative and convenient route between New Delhi and Howrah.
National Company Law Tribunal constituted
- The government constituted the National Company Law Tribunal and its appellate body, implementing most of the provisions of new Companies Act and helping implementation of the Bankruptcy Code.
India, World Bank sign agreement for efficient bus service
- The Union Government and World Bank have signed a US 9.2 million dollar grant agreement for the Efficient and Sustainable City Bus Service Project.
ICICI Bank cuts lending rate by 0.05%
- Country’s largest private sector lender ICICI Bank has cut its marginal cost of funds-based lending rate (MCLR) by 0.05 per cent, to take it at par with the rates offered by SBI and HDFC Bank.
TRAI launches mobile app for subscribers to register complaints against pesky calls, SMSes
- The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has launched a mobile application for telecom subscribers to register their complaints against pesky calls and SMSes to tighten the noose on telemarketers.
Judo athletes from Congo hope to make refugee Olympic team
- First time, one of the teams competing in the Olympic Games will be made up of refugees who hail from different countries they no longer call home.