Axis Bank launches India’s first certified green bond at London Stock Exchang
- The proceeds of the bond will be invested by Axis Bank in green energy, transportation and infrastructure projects.
Download exclusive notes on your MobileInstall GK Digest Android app here
Centre announces new print media advertisement policy
Information and Broadcasting ministry has framed a New Print Media Advertisement Policy for Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity (DAVP) with the objective to promote transparency and accountability in issuing of advertisements in print media.
- First time the policy introduces a New Marking System for newspapers to incentive Newspapers who have better professional standing and get their circulation verified by ABC and RNI.
SBI, Spain’s CaixaBank ink pact to fund Indo-Spanish JVs, local business
State Bank of India (SBI) and Spain’s CaixaBank have inked pact to provide loans to Indo-Spanish joint ventures and local enterprises.
- As per the agreement, they will expand banks’ guarantee transaction businesses by jointly providing credit to Indian-Spanish joint ventures and Indian local enterprises.
Former Kerala assembly speaker T S John passes away
Former Kerala assembly speaker T S John (74-year) has passed away at a hospital at Chertala in Alapuzha.
- He was suffering from old age related ailments.
- John had served as a minister in the A K Antony cabinet.
Suresh Prabhu flags off Champaran Satyagrah Express train in Bihar
In Bihar, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has flagged off Champaran Satyagrah Express train at a function in Motihari.
- The Minister also inaugurated Banmankhi – Purnea rail section and Pipraha Railway Station.
Madhya Pradesh BJP MLA Rajendra dadu dies in car accident
Madhya Pradesh, ruling BJP MLA Rajendra Dadu (62-years) died in a road accident.
- His vehicle suffered an accident on the Bhopal-Indore road in Sherpura vicinity on the outskirts of Sehore district.
Four elements on the Periodic Table get new names
Akhil Sharma wins Dublin International literary award
An Indian American author Mr. Akhil Sharma has won the prestigious 2016 International Dublin Literary Award for his novel ‘family life‘.
- The Award is organised and sponsored by Dublin City Council and at €100,000 is the world’s largest prize for a single novel published in English.
MTNL chairman Narendra Yadav steps down
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL) has announced that its Chairman and Managing Director, Narendra Kumar Yadav has resigned.
- Now for the timing, Director (finance) P K Purwar has been given additional charge of the CMD’s post.
Tata Power Solar bagged the MNRE award
Tata Power Solar has bagged the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) award for rooftop solar power projects.
- The company has won the award in the Channel Partner/EPC contractor category at the National Excellence Awards 2016 instituted by MNRE for the first time.
Google and Tata’s ‘Internet Saathi’ initiative launches in West Bengal
- In the last ten months, the initiative has been active in villages across five states in India, namely Rajasthan, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.