IRCTC, Just Dial, UTI MF in Fortune India Next 500 list
- Just Dial, UTI Asset Management Company and IRCTC are among the firms that have made it to the Fortune Next 500 list of Indian companies, which has been topped by Dynamatic Technologies.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
State Bank of India creates a dedicated Rs 200 crore fund for startups
- India's largest public sector lender State Bank of India BSE 0.02 % (SBI) has created a dedicated IT innovations and startup fund and have set aside Rs 200 crore for investment in promising startups.
Moody's revises Tata Power's outlook to negative from stable
- Moody's Investors Service has revised to negative from stable the outlook on the Ba3 corporate family rating and senior unsecured rating of Tata Power, days after the company said it will buy Welspun Renewable Energy at an enterprise value of Rs 9,249 crore.
India ranks fourth in terms of servers hacked by xDedic marketplace: Kaspersky Labs
- India ranks fourth in terms of number of servers hacked as per a Kaspersky Lab report.
Assam Congress chief passes away
- Assam Pradesh Congress Committee president Anjan Dutta passed away at the AIIMS hospital in New Delhi following cardiac failure.
HRD minister Smriti Irani launches Vidyanjali in New Delhi
- Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani has launched Vidyanjali, a school volunteer programme in New Delhi.
Railways flags off 1st time-tabled freight train
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has flagged off India's first timetabled freight train, named ‘Cargo Express’, from Delhi to Bengaluru.
President reaches Windhoek on the last leg of his 3-nation tour to Africa
- President Pranab Mukherjee has reached Windhoek, the capital of Namibia on the last leg of his three-nation tour to Africa
Margaret Atwood awarded 2016 PEN Pinter Prize
- Canadian poet, novelist and environmental activist Margaret Atwood was awarded the 2016 PEN Pinter Prize
Indian Diabetes specialist Shashank S Shah wins Vivian Fonseca Scholar Award 2016
- Pune-based diabetes specialist Shashank S Shah was conferred with the Vivian Fonseca Scholar Award 2016. He was selected for his research titled Gastric Bypass vs.
Petroleum Minister visiting St Petersburg to represent India at the SPIEF
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, the Minister of State (I/C) for Petroleum and Natural Gas is going to visit St Petersburg, Russia on two days meet holding on 16th and 17th June, to represent India at the St Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF).
Karnataka Bank gets award
- Karnataka Bank Ltd has bagged CFBP (Council for Fair Business Practices) Jamnalal Bajaj award for fair business practices.
'A new world' - the Official slogan for Rio Olympics
- The Rio 2016 organising committee revealed the official slogan for the first Olympic and Paralympic Games in South America – “A new world” – while also unveiling the medals, 52 days from the start of the quadrennial extravaganza
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here