Jaitley releases silver coin to mark Martyrdom Day of Banda Singh Bahadur
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has released a commemorative silver coin on the occasion of 300th Martyrdom Day of Sikh General Banda Singh Bahadur.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Virginia Raggi became first female mayor of Rome
- A leading member of the populist anti-corruption Five Star Movement (M5S) Virginia Raggi (37-years) has been elected as Rome’s first female mayor.
- Raggi is the youngest mayor in Rome’s history.
Assam Government launches Maitree Ek Gyan Yatra
- The Assam Government has launched a unique initiative ‘Maitree Ek Gyan Yatra’ to link primary schools to high schools to colleges.
South India Bank launches Remit2 India Service
- South India Bank has announced the launch of its Remit2India Service.
- It is a secure online money transfer service for NRIs.
- The new arrangement facilitates faster, cost -effective remittance from the US to SIB accounts in India.
Govt keeps interest rates on small savings scheme unchanged
- Government has kept interest rates unchanged for various small savings schemes for the July-October quarter of 2016-17 fiscal.
IT dept to block PAN, LPG subsidy of tax defaulters
- The Income Tax department has decided to block Permanent Account Number( PAN) of willful tax defaulters, get their LPG subsidy canceled and take measures to ensure that they are not sanctioned loans.