ISRO launches record 20 satellites in single mission
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully launched a record 20 satellites in a single mission from the Satish Dhawan Space Center in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
Download exlusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Scientists make world’s first 1,000-processor microchip
- US scientists team has created the world’s first microchip that has 1,000 processors and is thought to be the fastest chip designed in a university lab.
Vice President inaugurates 2-day international conference on Yoga
- Vice President Hamid Ansari has inaugurated two day international conference on ‘Yoga for Body and Beyond‘ in New Delhi.
Maharashtra Govt grants minority status to Jews
- Maharashtra Government has accorded minority status to Jews in the state as per the provisions of the Maharashtra State Minorities Commission Act, 2004.
Himachal Govt launches skill development project
- The Himachal Pradesh government has launched a Rs. 640 crore project for skill development under which multipurpose training and marketing centres will be set up in rural areas as per the needs of local youths.
Aadhaar to be linked with caste certificates
- Centre has asked all the states to link Aadhaar card of school students to their caste and domicile certificate.
SCO summit to begin tomorrow in Tashkent
- A two-day meeting of heads of state of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) under the presidency of Uzbekistan will begin tomorrow in Tashkent.
Govt sets terms for PPF withdrawal
- The Finance Ministry has said subscribers of the Public Provident Fund (PPF) can prematurely close the deposit scheme after completing five years.
Telangana poet and lyricist Guda Anjaiah passes away
- Telangana poet and lyricist Guda Anjaiah (61-years) has died at his house at Ragannagudem, Telangana following a brief illness.
Ken Miyauchi to replace Nikesh Arora as SoftBank President
- SoftBank Group has named Ken Miyauchi as its new President and Chief Operating Officer after Nikesh Arora resignation.