- Primary Waves (P-Waves):
- Travel from the point of happening by the displacement of surrounding particles.
- They are transmitted through solids, liquids and gases.
- Travels fastest.
- Secondary Waves (S-Waves):
- Travels through solids only.
- Thus they cannot pass through core.
- Surface Waves or Long Waves (L-Waves):
- Travels on earth‘s surface and causes maximum destruction.
- They are recorded after the P and S waves.
- Himalayan Rivers - Indus , Ganga , Bhramputra
- Peninsular Rivers - East flowing , West flowing
- Kharif Crops - Sown in summers between May and July, and harvested after the rains, in September and October
- Rabi Crops - Sown at the beginning of winter & harvested before the onset of the summer ,between Feb and April
- Zaid Crops - They are raised between April and June.
- Smallest State (Population)-Sikkim
- Smallest State (Area)-Goa
- Largest State (Area)-Rajasthan
- Largest State (Population)-Uttar Pradesh
- Punjab Himalaya-Between Indus and Satluj
- Kumaon Himalaya-Between Satluj and Kali
- Nepal Himalaya-Between Kali and Tista
- Assam Himalaya-Between Tista and Dihang
- KOLLERU LAKE: Andhra Pradesh
- PULICAT LAKE: Andhra Pradesh
- National animal-Royal Bengal Tiger
- National aquatic animal-Dolphin
- Land of ten thousand lakes --Minazotta
- Land of thousand lakes – Finland
- Article 352 – National Emergency
- Article 356 – President’s Rule
- Article 360 – Financial Emergency
- Earth Period of revolution : 365 days 5 hours 48 mts. 45.51 Sec.
- Earth Period of rotation : 23 hrs. 56 mts. 4.091 Sec.
- Europe and Northern Asia - Steppes
- South America (Argentina & Uruguay) - Pampas
- North America – Prairies
- Longest bone - Femur (thigh bone)
- Smallest bone - Ear ossicle, stapes
- The first President of Indian Republic - Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- The first Prime Minister of free India - Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru
- The first Muslim President of Indian National Congress - Badruddin Tayyabji
- The first Muslim President of India - Dr. Zakir Hussain
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here