He abandoned his family .
Everybody called it a lavish party.
The minister gave a public speech on the controversial subject to precipitate the matter
The club meets on the last Thursday of every month in a dilapidated Palace.
The principal Hardly managed to give the papers a cursory glance.
Mohini was often teased as corpulent by her friends.
There are four chapters that are extraneous to the structure of the book.
The plantation workers were on a collision course before the labour officer intervened.
He was in a Sulky disposition.
This is a trivial matter.
This is not ideology but pragmatic language teaching.
There is an Obscure cave on the other side of the hill.
She detests government jobs.
(b) Is interested in
(c) Approves of
(d) Is fond of
The habit of squandering money should not be encouraged .
All these measures will augment employment opportunities.
The chairman rebuked the accounts officers for not supervising the work of his coordinates .
1. (d) : Abandoned : Deserted, left . opposite meaning : Supported.
2. (d) : Lavish : Extravagant. opposite meaning : Frugal , economical
3. (a) : Precipitate : Hasty, indiscreet. Opposite meaning : Deliberate
4. (d) : Dilapidated : Shabby, Broken-down.opposite meaning : Reovated.
5. (a) : Cursory : Casual.
Opposite meaning : Thorough
6. (d) : Corpulent : Fat opposite meaning : Gaunt, thin
7. (d) : Extraneous : Non- essential. Opposite meaning : Integral , essential
8. (a) : Collision : Crash, impact , come into conflict. Opposite meaning : Conciliation , accommodating.
9. (d) : Sulky : Irritable. Opposite meaning : Cheerful
10. (b) : Trivial : Unimportant. Opposite meaning : Important.
11. (c) : Pragmatic : practical , Opposite meaning : Impractical ( not practical or worktable)
12. (b) : Obscure : Unknown . Opposite meaning : Well- known
13. (a) : Detests : Hates. Opposite meaning : Adores, Loves.
14. (c) : Squandering : Wastefulness. Opposite meaning :saving , thrift
15. (a) : Agument : Enlarge , increase . Opposite meaning : Diminish, Decrease
16. (c) : Rebuked : Scolded , find fault with . Opposite meaning : Praised.