CAG Shashi Kant Sharma gets honorary professorship in China
- The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India Shashi Kant Sharma has been conferred with the honorary professorship by the Nanjing Audit University (NAU), China.
Download exclusive Notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Four Indian-Americans honoured with 2016 Great Immigrants Award in US
- Four Indian-Americans have been honoured with prestigious Great Immigrants: The Pride of America Award 2016.
29 June: National Statistics Day
- The National Statistics Day is being observed every year on 29 June to create public awareness among people about the importance of statistics in daily life and in the process of planning and development.
Union Cabinet approves MoU between UPSC and Bhutan’s Royal Civil Service Commission
- The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding between Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and Royal Civil Service Commission (RCSC), Bhutan.
World Bank President Jim Yong Kim meets PM Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has emphasized the importance of adequate climate change financing for countries like India which are consciously choosing to follow an environmentally sustainable path.
Rodrigo Duterte sworn in as Philippines’ president
Firebrand leader Rodrigo Duterte has been sworn in as the Philippines’ president, after promising a ruthless and deeply controversial war on crime would be the main focus of his six-year term.
Railway Minister launches online grievance redressal system
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has launched Nivaran, an online system for redressal of service related grievance of serving and former Railway employees.
HRD Minister launches teacher education portal ‘Prashikshak’
- Human Resources Development Minister Smriti Irani has launched teacher education portal ‘Prashikshak’, for District Institutes of Education and Training in New Delhi.