Tathagata Roy sworn-in as acting Governor of Arunachal Pradesh
- Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy has sworn in as the acting Governor of Arunachal Pradesh. With this he becomes 18th Governor to be sworn in as Governor of Tripura.
- He has been given the additional charge of Governor of Arunachal Pradesh during the leave of absence of incumbent Governor Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa.
Get updates and notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Andy Murray won the 2016 Wimbledon title in men’s singles
- Britain’s Andy Murray won the 2016 Wimbledon title in men’s singles category. It was his second Wimbledon title after he had won it for first time in 2013.
- In final match he defeated Canada’s Milos Raonic by 6–4, 7–6(7–3), 7–6(7–2) score.
Serena Williams won the 2016 Wimbledon title in Women’s singles
- Serena Williams of United States has won 2016 Wimbledon title in women’s singles category. In the final match played she defeated Germany’s Angelique Kerber by 7–5, 6–3 score.
- It is Williams’ seventh Women’s Singles Wimbledon title (2002, 2003, 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2015) and overall 22th Grand Slam title.
Lewis Hamilton wins 2016 British Grand Prix of F1
- Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton from Great Britain has won the 2016 British Grand Prix title of Formula One.
- It his overall fourth British Grand Prix title after winning it in 2008, 2014 and 2015. It was also his fourth title of the 2016 season after Monaco Grand Prix (May 2016), Canadian Grand Prix (June 2016) and Austrian Grand Prix (July 2016).
DRDO inks MoA with IITs for Centre for Propulsion Technology
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has signed Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) with IIT-Bombay and Madras to establish a bi-nodal ‘Centre of Propulsion Technology’ (CoPT) at the two institutions.
Nimi Sunilkumar wins Gourmand World Cookbook Award
- Cookbook author and food blogger Nimi Sunilkumar has won the Gourmand World Cookbook Award for 2015-16.
- She was bestowed with this award for her cookbook “4 o’clock Temptations of Kerala”. It was chosen for the award in the ‘Best Indian Cuisine Cookbook’ section.
SIDBI partners with Yes Bank for loan guarantee under World Bank scheme
- SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) entered into a partnership with YES Bank to guarantee 75% of loans of up to Rs 15 crore extended to energy efficiency projects under the WORLD BANK initiative.
- To transform the energy efficiency (EE) market in India by promoting increased level of EE investments, particularly through energy service performance contracting (ESPC) delivered through Energy Service Companies (ESCOs).
ICICI SECURITIES tops IPO Ratings
- ICICI Securities has topped the Initial Public Offering (IPO) league table in the first half of 2016.
- ICICI Securities is ICICI Bank’s investment banking arm.
- According to data provided by Bloomberg, ICICI Securities has managed five IPOs to help rise around Rs 1,216 crore for companies getting listed.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here