Indian Navy’s Marine Commandos’ INS Karna commissioned
- Indian Navy has commissioned INS Karna, an independent base of Marine Commandos (MARCOS) at Bheemunipatanam Naval Base, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- INS Karna has been commissioned by Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba.
Download exclusive notes on your PhoneInstall GK Digest Android App here
IDFC Bank acquires Grama Vidiyal
- IDFC Bank (Infrastructure Development Finance Company) has announced to acquire micro finance institution Grama Vidiyal in an all-cash deal.
- The bank has obtained in-principle approval from the Reserve Bank of India for the deal.
- The acquisition gives IDFC Bank access to Grama Vidiyal’s 12 lakh customers across 7 States, besides giving it 319 branches across 65 districts in these States.
E-filing: ATM-based validation facility enhanced
- The Income Tax department has widened the ATM-based validation system for filing of online Returns by taxpayers.
- The department has included Axis Bank to enhance the paperless regime of filing the annual Income Tax returns.
HDFC Bank’s Aditya Puri named best banking CEO in Asia
- The chief executive and managing director (MD) of the second largest private sector lender HDFC Bank Aditya Puri has been ranked as the best banking CEO in Asia by the investor community.
- The bank’s chief financial officer Sashi Jagdishan has been ranked as the best CFO.
SC reinstates Nabam Tuki-led Cong govt in Arunachal Pradesh
- The Supreme Court ordered the restoration of former Chief Minister Nabam Tuki’s Congress government in Arunachal Pradesh.
- A five-judge constitution bench pronounced the verdict on a bunch of petitions dealing with discretionary powers of Governor Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa to summon or advance the assembly session.
Najma Heptullah quits, Naqvi gets a promotion
- Union minister for Minority Affairs Najma Heptullah tendering her resignation and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi being given independent charge of that Ministry.
- G.M. Siddheshwara, Davangere MP and Minister of State for Heavy Industries have also resigned.
Railways launch time-tabled Auto Express from Gurgaon to Nidvanda
- Indian Railways has launched time-tabled Auto Express from Gurgaon to Nidvanda to ensure faster delivery of cargo.
- It is the first time-tabled auto car freight train service between Gurgaon and Nidvanda (Bangalore).
Maharashtra police launches four mobile apps
- Maharashtra police has launched four mobile apps for timely intervention into emergency situations.
- The four applications Pratisaad Ask, Police Mitra, Vahanchoritakrar and Railway helpline app were launched by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis in Nagpur.
India, Bangladesh sign deal for construction of coal fired power plant
- India and Bangladesh have signed a landmark deal for the construction of a 1,320 Megawatt coal fired power plant.
- It is the biggest project under bilateral cooperation that would mark the transition from electricity export to generation level.
RBI Grade B Online Classes by Ramandeep Singh - Join here