Nalanda Mahavihara enters UNESCO’s World Heritage Site list
The ruins of ancient Nalanda Mahavihara (old Nalanda University) of Bihar has been included in the list of UNESCO’s World Heritage Site.
- Now, Nalanda University ruins located at Nalanda district has become the second World Heritage Site in Bihar after Bodhgaya’s Mahabodhi temple.
Madhya Pradesh becomes first state to have Happiness Department
Madhya Pradesh became the first state in India to have ‘Happiness Department’ that will work as knowledge resource centre on the subject of happiness on the lines of Bhutan.
- The decision was taken by the state cabinet meeting presided by chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
- The Happiness Department will will work under a working committee headed by a chairman and this committee will evaluate the state’s gross happiness.
Country’s first industrial park for women entrepreneur to come up in Uttarakhand
The country’s first industrial park exclusively for women entrepreneurs has been launched by Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat at the Federation House.
- The move is intended to attract more women entrepreneurs and help them to initiate start-ups in the state
BHEL commissions 250 M W power plant in Gujarat
Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) has commissioned another 250 MW unit based on eco-friendly Circulating Fluidised Bed Combustion (CFBC) technology, using low-quality coal as the primary fuel.
- The unit has been commissioned at Bhavnagar Energy Company 2×250 MW thermal power project, located at Padva village in Bhavnagar district, Gujarat.
- This is the third 250 MW unit based on CFBC technology, commissioned by BHEL.
Lifeline Express celebrates 25 years of service
The world’s first hospital on a train The Lifeline Express (Magic Train) of India, celebrates 25 years of service to the poor and underprivileged masses of rural India.
- In 1991 there were 3 coaches in the train which provided medical facilities to poor and rural people where there were no hospitals available.
Davis Cup: India take 2-0 lead against South Korea
Saketh Myneni and Ramkumar Ramanathan endured challenging conditions to wear down their spirited rivals as India took a comfortable 2-0 lead on the opening day of the Asia|Oceania group I Davis Cup tie against South Korea in Chandigarh.
- The 21-year-old Ramkumar, ranked 217, put the hosts ahead in his Davis Cup debut when Seong Chan Hong conceded the first singles due to cramps in his right thigh as the Indian was serving for the match.
India jumps 11 places to 152nd in football rankings
India made a big leap of 11 places to occupy 152nd spot in the latest world football rankings issued by FIFA.
- Overall, Argentina remain on top, despite losing to Chile in the Copa America Centenario summit clash.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here