Govt. appoints Ajay Bhushan Pandey UIDAI CEO
- Union Government has promoted director general and mission director of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) Ajay Bhushan Pandey as its chief executive officer (CEO).
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved appointment of Mr. Pandey.
- Pandey is a 1984 batch Indian Administrative Service officer of Maharashtra cadre.He has been serving as Director General of the UIDAI since August 2015.
Download exclusive notes on your Android PhoneInstall GK Digest Android App here
Federal Bank ties up with Reliance Jio Money
- Federal Bank has signed an agreement with Reliance Jio Money for one-click payment service.
- Reliance Jio Money is a wallet application that will be launched soon for mobile devices where Federal Bank will enable a direct payment option for its customers.
IRCTC joins hands with SBI to promote rail ticketing
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has joined hands with the State Bank of India to chalk out a detailed plan for promotion of rail ticketing activities, including internet ticketing and unreserved ticketing system.
- The MoU was signed by IRCTC CMD A K Manocha and Arundhati Bhattacharya, CMD, SBI.
Odisha govt forms judicial panel for reforms in Jagannath temple management
- The Odisha government has constituted a judicial commission to study the functioning of the Puri Jagannath Temple.
- The one-man commission, headed by retired Orissa High Court judge Bimal Prasad Das will recommend reforms for smooth management of the Shree Jagannath Temple and propagation of the Jagannath culture.
Centre forms panel to prepare draft bill on Ganga river
- Centre has constituted a committee to prepare Draft Bill on Ganga to deal with all the issues related to the River.
- The Act should have provisions to ensure cleanliness and uninterrupted e-flow of Ganga.
- Justice Girdhar Malviya (Retd.) will be the Chairman of the committee.
India and Japan has signed a Social Security Agreement
- India and Japan have signed a Social Security Agreement (SSA) that will come into force on 1st October 2016.
- The Social Security Agreement (SSA) will benefit Indian and Japanese professionals and skilled workers working in each other’s country and will also boost bilateral business linkages.
Kerala Tourism has secured two Gold Awards at PATA awards
- Kerala Tourism has secured two Gold Awards at the prestigious Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) awards in recognition of its trendsetting marketing initiatives.
- The two gold medals for ‘Marketing Media‘ are in the categories of ‘Travel Advertisement Broadcast Media‘ and ‘E-Newsletter‘, which were clinched by the successful ‘Visit Kerala‘ television commercial campaign and the popular Kerala Tourism E-Newsletter respectively.
Former French cyclist Dominique Arnaud passes away
- French cyclist Dominique Arnaud (60-year) has passed away due to cancer in Dax, Aquitaine, France .
- He rode in eleven editions of the Tour de France, which is an annual multiple stage bicycle race primarily held in France.
CAS dismisses Russian appeal against ban imposed by IAAF
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) dismissed a Russian appeal against a ban imposed by athletics governing body the IAAF over state-run doping, barring the country’s track and field team from the Rio Games.
- The CAS Panel has confirmed the validity of the IAAF’s decision to apply Rules which state that athletes whose national federation is suspended by the IAAF are ineligible for competitions held under the IAAF Rules.