Corporation Bank launches ‘Green PIN’ facility
- This is an online module for generation of Personal Identification Number (PIN) for credit card holders. The facility enables credit card users to generate PIN online.
HDFC ERGO enters into bancassurance tie-up with SVC Bank
- The partnership combines HDFC ERGO’s experience in introducing innovative non-life insurance products with SVC Bank’s customer base across various States.
RBI to monitor banks on customer rights
- According to RBI Executive Director U S Paliwal the areas on which the regulator will be conducting surveys and supervision at various banks are right to privacy, right to fair treatment & transparency, fair and honest dealing, right to suitability and right to grievance redress & compensation.
Ganesh Singh appointed as Head of JPC for Land Acquisition Bill
- He will replaced S S Ahluwalia, who became Minister of the State for Parliamentary Affairs in reshuffle of the council of ministers.
Legendary artist Syed Haider Raza passes away
- He is an internationally acclaimed painter and was also honoured with the Padma Shri.
India ranks 110th on Sustainable Development index
- The index is topped by the Sweden followed by Denmark and Norway on the top three performing countries respectively.
- The aim of creating this index is to provide a report card for tracking Sustainable Development Goals progress and ensuring accountability.
Film festival on Mother Teresa in India and abroad
- The festival will be kicked off from Kolkata on August 26 after which it will travel all over the world for the next six months.
Startup India States Conference held
- The conference has presided over by commerce minister Nirmala Sitharaman.