Rs 2,048 crore sanctioned under 'Swadesh Darshan' scheme
- The Ministry of Tourism has sanctioned 25 projects under the Swadesh Darshan scheme worth Rs.2048 Crore. The scheme is launched in January 2015.
- For the North Eastern States, the Ministry has sanctioned 9 projects worth Rs. 821 Crores covering all the 8 states.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Lewis Hamilton wins 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix of F1
- Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton from Great Britain has won the 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix title of Formula One.
- It his overall fourth Hungarian Grand Prix title after winning it in 2007, 2009, 2012 and 2013.
ITC appoints Sanjiv Puri as COO
- Kolkata-based diversified conglomerate ITC Ltd has named Sanjiv Puri as Chief Operating Officer of the company.
- He has become a successor to chairman YC Deveshwar, as Mr. Deveshwar is all set to step down from his post in February 2017. But he will continue as a non-executive chairman for three years.
Feliciano Lopez wins 2016 Swiss Open Gstaad
- Top-seeded Feliciano Lopez of Spain has defeated Robin Haase of the Netherlands 6-4, 7-5 to win the Swiss Open Gstaad – 2016.
- Lopez was the winner of the 2004 Vienna Open, the 2010 Johannesburg Open and the Eatsbourne open in 2013 and 2014.
Indian shooters Manavaditya and Anant clinch Bronze in Junior World Cup in Italy
- Promising Indian shooter Manavaditya Rathore son of Col Rajyavardhan Rathore has won the trap bronze medal in the Champion of Champions match at the Junior World Cup in Porpetto, Italy.
- In the Champion of Champions event, the medallists of the three Junior World Cups of the year compete against each other.
Nepal Prime Minister Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli resigned
- Nepal’s Prime Minister Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli has resigned from his post the no-confidence motion against him in the Parliament.
- Oli, who became PM last October heading Nepal’s eighth government in the past 10 years, has been facing a no-trust motion after the Maoists withdrew support from the coalition government.
RBI imposes penalty of Rs 5 cr on Bank of Baroda
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of five crore rupees on Bank of Baroda in the alleged Rs. 6,100-crore forex related irregularities that were observed in October.
- Various irregularities by bank such as non-submission and inordinate delays in filing of Suspicious Transaction Reports, besides opening of accounts by several entities without fulfilling KYC norms, were noticed by RBI.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here