Second BRICS Youth Summit concludes in Guwahati
- The second BRICS Youth Summit was held in Guwahati, Assam from 1st July 2016 to 3rd July 2016.
- The theme of the summit was "Youth as bridge for intra-BRICS exchanges".
- The summit was inaugurated by Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal in presence of Union Sports Minister Jitendra Singh.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
SBI secures $625 million from World Bank for solar programm
- India’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) has signed an agreement worth 4,200 crore rupees ($625 million) with the World Bank to support its grid connected rooftop solar photovoltaic (GRPV) programme.
- The programme also aims at improving the investment climate for solar PV, and increase the ease of doing rooftop business. It will also support development of the overall solar rooftop PV market.
India ranks 35th in 2016 Logistics Performance Index: World Bank Report
- In the recently released bi-annual Logistics Performance Index (LPI) 2016 of World Bank Group, India ranked 35th among 160 countries.
- The index was published in the World Bank bi-annual report ‘Connecting to Compete 2016: Trade Logistics in the Global Economy’. For the third time, Germany has topped in LPI.
Lewis Hamilton wins 2016 Austrian Grand Prix of F1
- Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton from Great Britain has won the 2016 Austrian Grand Prix title of Formula One.
- It was his third title of the 2016 season after Monaco Grand Prix (May 2016) and Canadian Grand Prix (June 2016). Austrian Grand Prix was the ninth race of the 2016 season and was held at the Red Bull Ring, Spielberg, Austria.
1st meeting of BRICS Working Group on Energy Saving and Energy Efficiency begins in Visakhapatnam
- The first meeting of the BRICS Working Group on Energy Saving and Energy Efficiency began in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- The two day conference will be attended by all 5 member BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) countries.
- India being BRICS chair for 2016 has organised this event in order to shape and steer the BRICS agenda. The Union Power Ministry is hosting the meeting of the Working Group.
India’s first Commercial Court and Commercial Disputes Resolution Centre inaugurated in Chattisgarh
- India’s first Commercial Court and Commercial Disputes Resolution Centre was inaugurated at Raipur, capital of Chhattisgarh. It was inaugurated by State Chief Minister Dr. Raman Singh along with Supreme Court judge Madan B. Lokur.
Punjab Government launches Rapid Rural Police Response System
- Punjab Government has launched Rapid Rural Police Response System (RRPRS) to ensure prompt and effective police response in 12,000 villages across the state.
- · The system was launched Punjab Deputy Chief Minister and Sukhbir Singh Badal. Besides, he also flagged off 400 new motorcycles and 220 new Bolero jeeps under the new system.
Brexit: IMF warns of repercussions for global economy
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned that United Kingdom’s decision to leave the European Union (EU) has created significant uncertainty.
- The uncertainty is likely to dampen growth in the near term, particularly in the UK, but with repercussions for Europe and the global economy.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here