Noel Neill, first actor to play Lois Lane in Superman, dies
- American actor Noel Neill, the first actor to play the role Lois Lane on the Adventures of Superman television series died. She was 95.
- Lois Lane is a fictional character who is an award-winning journalist and the primary love interest of Superman.
Get exclusive notes on your MobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Javelin thrower Annu Rani sets national record at National Inter-state Athletics Championships
- Javeline thrower Annu Rani bettered her national record with a 59.87m throw at the 56th National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championships in Hyderabad.
- Rani improved her previous meet mark with her first round 59.06m at G.M.C. Balayogi Stadium. However, her 59.87m throw came in the fourth round.
Madhav Dhekane took over as Director of ISRO Inertial Systems Unit
- Noted scientist Madhav Dhekane assumed the office of Director at ISRO Inertial Systems Unit (IISU), Department of Space, at Vattiyoorkavu in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Dhekane is the seventh director of IISU.
Hero MotoCorp inked 3-year wage agreement with Gurgaon workers
- ountry’s largest two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp Ltd. (HMCL) has inked a wage settlement pact with its permanent workers at Gurgaon Plant, entailing a hike of 12500 rupees spread over three years.
- The three-year agreement will be implemented with retrospective effect starting from 1 August 2015 till 31 July 2018. The previous wage settlement was effective from 1 August 2012 to 31 July 2015.
PM Narendra Modi's cabinet gets 19 new faces
- PM Narendra Modi inducted 19 new faces to his Cabinet. This is the second expansion of the council of ministers since Modi government came to power in May 2014.
- Apart from the 19 new faces, Prakash Javadekar also took oath at Rashtrapati Bhawan. Javadekar, the incumbent Union Minister of State for Environment, Forests and Climate Change has been elevated to the Cabinet rank. He was the only union minister to be elevated.
CCEA allows Axis Bank to raise foreign shareholding to 74%
- Government today permitted Axis Bank to raise foreign shareholding to 74 per cent, entailing investment of around Rs 13,000 crore.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi cleared the proposal of Axis Bank for increasing foreign shareholding limit from existing 62 per cent to 74 per cent.
TripAdvisor appoints Gary Fritz as president for APAC
- Travel planning and booking site TripAdvisor has announced that Gary Fritz has joined TripAdvisor's management team as the chief growth officer of the company and president, Asia Pacific.
- TripAdvisor said in his capacity as chief growth officer, Fritz will be responsible for driving growth and strategy across the entire family of TripAdvisor brands.
SBI Card launches premium credit card 'Elite'
- SBI Card, a subsidiary of State Bank of India launched a premium credit card with host of facilities targeting high networth customers.
- 'Elite' card is launched on the Master Card World platform and is enabled with NFC (Near Field Communication) technology.
ICICI Bank, BoB exit Cibil, Trans Union's holding rises to 77%
- With NPA-saddled banks trying to raise money from sale of non-core assets, global credit information company TransUnion has raised its stake in its Indian subsidiary Cibil to 77.1 per cent by buying out ICICI Bank and Bank of Baroda's holding in it.
- The American company's holding, which earlier stood at 66.1 per cent, has now risen to 77.1 per cent, an updated shareholding pattern shared on Cibil's website said.