Directions :In each of the following questions,find out which part of the sentence has no error. if there is no mistake, the answer is "No error'.
1. The statement made by the writer (a) / appears to be incorrect (b) / as Gandhiji was never born in Ahemdabad (c). / No error (d).
2. The crew were on board (a) / and they soon busied themselves (b) / in preparing to meet the storm (c) /No error (d).
3. The manager called the clerk and said whether (a) / he was in the habit of (b)/ sleeping at home as well (c) / No error (d).
4. A lot of travel delay is caused (a) / due to the inefficiency and lack of good management (b) / oh behalf of the railways (c) / No error (d).
5. The signpost at the rate (a)/ of the garden read : (b) / 'Trespassers will be persecuted'. (c) / No error (d).
6. Everyone felt that (a) / the big glittering diamond (b) / was most unique (c) / No error (d).
7. I advised my son (a) / to engage two coolies instead of one (b)/ because the luggage was too much heavy for a single coolie (c) / No error (d).
8. After toiling very hardly(a) / over a long period of time (b) / he found that people recognised him as a successful person (c) / No error (d).
9. The angry man walked hurriedly (a) / into the crowded room (b) / and shouted loud at the guest (c) / No error (d).
10. The tried both the dresses (a) / and finally decided (b) / to buy expensive one (c) / No error (d).
11. He ultimately decided (a) /to willingly and cheerfully accept (b) / the responsibility entrusted to him (c) / No error (d).
12. Being the only people there (a) / their presence was (b) / most important (c) / No error (d).
13. It is the duty of every citizen to do his utmost (a)/ to defend the hardly-won (b)/ freedom of the country (c) / No error (d).
14. Even though it was (a) raining bad (b)/ I went out (c) / to get some medicines (d) / No error (e).
15. In spite of working (a) / very neat and careful (b) / he could not win (c) / even the third prize (d) / No error (e)
1. Replace 'never' by 'not'
2. Replace 'meet' by 'face'
3. Replace 'said' by 'asked' Whether' is not preceded by 'said'
4. Replace 'on behalf' by 'on the part of Behalf' means 'in place of someone'
5. Replace 'persecuted ' by 'prosecuted'
6. Remove ' most'
7. Remove 'much'
8. Replace 'hardly' by 'hard'
9. Replace 'loud' by 'loudly'
10. Add 'more' before 'expensive'
11. No error
12. Remove 'most'
13. Replace ' hardly' by 'hard'
14. Replace ' bad' by 'badly'
15. The correct form is 'very neatly and carefully'
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here