(1-5)Study the following information carefully to answer the question The findings of a survey of private hospitals are as follows
1. A total of 1800 patients admitted were considered for the survey.
2. Out of which 25% were suffering from cancer. 35% were suffering from heart disease and remaining were admitted due to various common issues.
3. Out of those suffering from cancer. 10% had no issues in meeting the expenditure out of which two fifth were rich and remaining had an insurance policy
4. Of the remaining 90% suffering from cancer two third could manage half the expenditure on their own and remaining was met through the monetary help received from some of the trusts Rest of the cancer patients required complete monetary help from the trusts.
5. Out of those suffering from heart disease. 20% had no issues in meeting the expenditure out of which one third were rich and remaining had an insurance policy
6. Of the remaining 80% suffering from heart disease half could manage half the expenditure on their own and remaining was met through the monetary help received from some of the trusts Rest of the heart patients required complete monetary help from the trusts.
7. Out of those suffering from various common issues. 60% could bear the expenditure out of which three fourth are insured and remaining are rich while rest of the patients could manage by getting partial help from the hospitals’ trusts by getting the treatment at concessional rates
1. What is the ratio between cancer patients requiring 50% help and the heart patients requiring 50% help respectively ?
a. 7 : 9
b. 15 : 14
c. 5 : 9
d.15 : 28
e.15 : 13
2. the total no of patients are suffering from disease cancer and heart disease is what percent of total no of common disease?
3. What percent of the total no of patients are able to meet the expenses being rich ?
4. Total how many patients are able to meet full expenses since having insurance policy?
5. What percent of total number of heart patients need help from trusts to meet half the expenditure ?
Solutions and explanation:According to given information no of patient conducted in survey is =1800
Cancer patients: 25×1800/100=450
heart disease : 35×1800/100=630
other common disease: 40×1800/100=720(i.e remaining percentage)
|Expenditure dependable various sources||Cancer patients=450||Heart
|Other common disease patients=720|
|Half won and monetary help||270||252||There is no won&monetary help|
In the quation asked as ratio b\w cancer patients 50% help that means=half won &monetary help
in same way heart patients=252
270 : 252
i.e 15 :14
Total cancer &heart disease patients=450+630
total common disease people is 720
Total no of people meet expenses being rich is
total no of people=1800
i.e 168/1800×100=9 1/3
total no of people meet expenses insurance policy
total number of heart patients need help from trusts to meet half the expenditure