- Keep everything precise
- Follow the proper format for formal letters
- Include necessary information. For example if you are writing to your bank for renewal of debit card then you must mention your account number, card number, expiry date of debit card and account holder's name.
- Choose a topic in which you have prior experience.
Must follow Descriptive Paper series here
- Start the essay with introduction to the topic. If the topic is "Impact of NPAs on PSU banks" then you must start with the official definition of NPA then mention prevalent rate of NPAs and then mention the measure to avoid such situation.
- An essay (or an article) demands an opinion from you. Either you write in favour or in against. For example the topic is "Independence to Social Media", either your overall tone should be in favour or it should be against it. Strong point in favour is - We are world's largest democracy so giving the democracy a voice will help us become stronger. If you writing against it then, paid social media campaigns create negative publicity of celebrities and politicians.
- All the paragraphs should be inter-linked, there should be a proper flow of ideas.
- Conclude the essay with your opinion
Read previous years Descriptive papers here