There is only 3 weeks left for SBI PO Mains 2016 Exam. All you are might be worrying about the two things – “What will be the expected new pattern? Which types of Questions can be asked in SBI PO Mains Exam?”
To achieve the success in a single attempts we are introducing some tips and tricks of preparations about how to crack SBI PO ( mains).There are lots of questions in aspirant’s mind about this new pattern of exam,here we are trying to solve all these queries.First, let us discuss about the Pattern of the exam – we have observed in SBI Clerk Mains & SBI PO Prelims 2016 Exam. So it is expected that SBI will come up with new surprises in upcoming SBI PO Mains Exam.
Syllabus And Exam PatternFor phase 2nd ,there will be online objective test of 155 questions and is of 3 hours and the Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
|Name of test||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General / Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English Awareness||35||40||40 minutes|
2.We can expected that,questions from Reasoning section will be 30-35 & Questions from Computer questions will be 10-15.
3.There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. Each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
In Detail SyllabusSBI PO syllabus is split into the following sections:
- Data Analysis and Interpretation.
- Reasoning ( High level Reasoning)
- Computers – general knowledge of hardware, software
- Current affairs – general knowledge and current events. Special emphasis on Banking,economic news (concept)
- English language – questions from the language and skills of reading, writing,grammar.
Quantitative AptitudeAs mentioned in notification the questions under this section will be based on Data Interpretation only,there will be no question on miscellaneous section.Questions will be tough.
- Number Series/System
- Pie Chart
- Table Chart
- Probability, Permutation & Combination
- Data Sufficiency
- Language DI
- Mix DI
- Missing DI
- Line Graph
- Bar Graph
- Quadratic Equation
Reasoning Ability:As we have seen in preliminary exam this section will become more tough for mains.SBI generally ask questions on High level Reasoning.
- Statement and Assumptions
- Cause and effect
- Course of Action
- Data Sufficiency
- Statement and Argument
- 3 variables- Different car,different colours of shirt wearing,going to different cities
- 2 variables- Different floor,Different Profession
- Input-Output (Including Double shifting)
- Comparison of rank
- Inequality with direction sense (Symbol representation Ex: @=<)
- Sitting Arrangements (Including Blood relation)
- Linear Arrangement (Including Blood relation)
- Circular Arrangements (Including Blood relation and facing inside-outside)
- Comprehension (2 Paragraph- 1easy and 1 tough)
- Cloze Test
- Find the error
- Fill the gaps
- Spelling check
- Knowledge of current events upto last 3 months
- Person in news
- Currency,capital of those country which are recently in news ( Like P.M. visited countries,UK(due to Brixit issue) Bangladesh,etc
- Sports news
- New scheme by Goverment and bank
- Headquarter,tagline of bank
- New technological upgradation by any bank
- Special emphasis will be on Banking and Economic concept.
- Computer hardware
- Operating System concepts
- Shortcut keys
- Ms word, excel
- Ms power point, access
- Internet & networks
- Basic security concepts
- Latest technologies
Descriptive Test:The Descriptive Test of English language for 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in objective test.
Soon we will discuss how to prepare for SBI PO mains and topic wise strategy for mains.
Keep In Mind Previous Year’s Merit:This is also important part in our study plan, while going through syllabus and exam pattern, you have to know about previous year’s merit.
(Out of 200)
(Out of 50)
|GD + Interview
(Out of 50)
(Out of 100)
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here