Dinesh Kumar Khara Appointed New MD of SBI
- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) has appointed Dinesh Kumar Khara Managing Director of State Bank of India (SBI).
- Prior to the appointment, he was working as MD and Chief Executive Officer of SBI Funds Management Pvt Ltd.
Download mobile friendly ebooksInstall GK Digest Android app here
TCS ranked 58th most valuable US brand
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), a leading Indian IT major firm has been ranked at 58th most valuable US brand. The survey was conducted by a brand valuation company.
- The Brand Finance study ‘Top 500 US Brands’ evaluates the financial value of a company’s brand name, intellectual assets and trademark as compared to companies across industries.
- With a brand score of 78.3 points and AA+ rating, TCS is one of only four global IT Services companies recognised as a Top 100 Brand in the US.
India ranked 76th in business destination
- As per the recent survey of Transparency International, India’s ranking improves a business destination.
- India ranked at 76th position as compared to the 94th position it held earlier.
Niti Aayog & US EIA ink pact to set up portal on energy data
- The Niti Aayog today has inked a pact with the US Energy Information Administration (EIA) to set up a portal to host all the data related to energy sector in the country.
- The portal will host data including oil & gas, coal, solar & thermal energy etc.
CCTNS to be operationalised by March 31, 2017
- According to the Minister of State for Home Hansraj Ahir, the ambitious Crime and Criminal Tracking Networks and System (CCTNS) project will be operationalised by 31st of March 2017.
- The objective of the project is to interconnect about 15,000 police stations and additional 5,000 offices of supervisory police officers across the country and digitize data related to FIR registration, investigation and charge sheets in all police stations.
Mr. K M Hanumantharayappa New Chairman of Central Silk Board assumes charge
- K M Hanumantharayappa has assumed charge as new Chairman of Central Silk Board, Union Ministry of Textiles, for a period of three years.
- He is a sericulturist and a weaver and succeeds N S Bissegowda.
Apple buys US machine learning startup Turi
- Apple has confirmed that it has bought US machine learning startup Turi as Silicon Valley giants focus on a future rich with artificial intelligence.
- The move will help Apple to step up its artificial intelligence efforts to compete against rival services from Amazon, Google, and Microsoft.