Ujjwala Yojana launched to provide LPG connections to BPL families
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was launched by minister of state for petroleum and natural gas, Dharmendra Pradhan and chief minister Raman Singh.
- With the launch of Ujjwala Yojna, 5,000 women beneficiaries of Raipur and Durg district were allotted LPG cooking gas connections.
- Refilling centers would be opened in Korba, Janjgir and Tilda, while bottling plants will set up in Korba and Raipur.
Download Mobile Friendly Notes on your MobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
ONGC sets up Rs 100-crore startup fund
- ONGC has created a Rs 100-crore venture capital fund to incubate innovative ideas for the oil industry
- The venture funding initiative will promote entrepreneurship among young Indians by creating an ecosystem that is conducive for the growth of startups in the oil and gas sector, which has a huge potential for technology-enabled ideas.
Sri Lanka and China sign tripartite agreement to construct Financial City Centre in Colombo
- Sri Lanka and China have signed a tripartite agreement to proceed with the construction of a Financial City Centre in Colombo. The agreement was signed between Sri Lanka’s Urban Development Authority, Ministry of Megapolis and Western Development and China Harbour Engineering Company.
Dipika Pallikal wins PSA Australian Open
- India’s top squash player Dipika Pallikal has won the prestigious PSA Australian Open held in Melbourne. In the 40-minute final match, she defeated Mayar Hany (World no 8) of Egypt by 10-12, 11-5, 11-6, 11-4 score.
Parliament passes Central Agricultural University (Amendment) Bill, 2016
- Parliament has passed the Central Agricultural University (Amendment) Bill, 2016 to help the north-eastern state achieve higher growth in animal husbandry sector. The Bill proposes to amend the Central Agricultural University Act, 1992 to include Nagaland under the jurisdiction of Imphal Central Agriculture University (CAU).
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here