ISRO tests Scramjet Rocket engine
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully test-fired its Scramjet Rocket Engine.
- It will use oxygen from the atmosphere thereby reducing launch cost, from the spaceport of Sriharikota.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Mountain Echoes Literary Festival, 2016
- The 7th edition of the Mountain Echoes Literary Festival 2016 Kicked off in the capital city of the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan Thimbu on 26 August 2016.
- The festival was inaugurated by Queen Mother Ashi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck, (Royal Patron) which aims to provide a platform for the greatest literary minds to engage in a cultural dialogue.
Sania wins Connecticut Open doubles title
- Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza and her Romanian partner Monica Niculescu defeated Kateryna Bondarenko of Ukraine and Chuang Chia Jung of Taiwan in the final.
- The Indo-Romanian pair won 7-5, 6-4.
Sharmila Tagore appointed as a new member of the BCCC
- Film actress Sharmila Tagore, theatre activist Arundhati Nag and film studies academician Ira Bhaskar have been appointed new members of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC).
- ·The Board of Directors of Indian Broadcasting Federation (IBF) headed by Star India chairman Uday Shankar has approved these appointments for a term of three years in the eminent persons.
Himachal Health Minister launches ambulance mobile app
- Himachal Pradesh Health Minister Kaul Singh Thakur has launched a mobile application called '108 HP' to facilitate efficient access to ambulances for medical emergencies.
- Quoting sources, our correspondent reports that now the number of ambulances under the service has increased to 199.
Punit Misra named CEO of Zee Entertainment domestic broadcast biz
- Zee Entertainment Enterprises has appointed Punit Misra as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for its domestic broadcast business.
- Earlier Misra was Executive Director-Sales and Customer Development at Hindustan Unilever and joined HUL as a management trainee in 1996.
India's first textile university to come up at Surat
- Gujarat government is planning to set up India's first textile university at Surat.
- The university will build on over 250 acre land in Surat and it is expected to get operational in the next one and a half years.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here