PM Narendra Modi inaugurates the first phase of SAUNI yojana
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the first phase of the 4 phases Saurastra Narmada Avataran Irrigation yojana (SAUNI) at Sanodara of Jamnagar district of Gujarat.
- Under the project, nearly 10 dams and reservoirs of Rajkot, Jamnagar and Morbi will be filled up with the water of Narmada river.
- First Phase of the project has been developed at a cost of Rs. 1,562 crore with 58 km of pipeline.
Download Mobile Friendly NotesInstall GK Digest Android App here
India’s first military heritage website launched
- India’s first military heritage website “coloursofglory.org” has launched by Glory Foundation.
- The foundation will conduct various awareness programs throughout major cities in the Country to educate the people about the Nation’s military history and heritage.
Mahindra unveils DiGiSENSE platform to track vehicle information
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd (M&M) has introduced a cloud-based technology solution DiGiSENSE to track vehicle information in real time.
- Now, Mahindra has become the first original equipment manufacturer in India to integrate its product line-up onto a cloud-based technology platform.
- DiGiSENSE by its digital-enabled sensing connects Mahindra range of pick up vehicles, tractors, trucks and construction equipment to the cloud.
Madhukar Gupta Committee on border protection submits report to MHA
- The Madhukar Gupta (former Home Secretary) Committee on border protection has submitted its report to the Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
- The Committee has been appointed in April 2016 for strengthening border protection and addressing the issue of gaps and vulnerability in border fencing along Indo-Pakistan Border.
India, Myanmar ink four pacts to boost bilateral cooperation
- India and Myanmar have signed four agreements to enhance cooperation and bilateral relations between the two countries.
- The construction of 69 Bridges.
- In the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine.
- In the Field of Renewable Energy.
- The construction and up gradation of the Kalewa -Yagyi Road Section.
Padma Sachdev gets Saraswati Samman for the year 2015
- Eminent poet and novelist from Jammu Padma Sachdev (76-year) has been chosen for the prestigious Saraswati Samman for the year 2015 (25th )for her autobiography “Chitt-Chete“(in Dogri language).
- She was felicitated by Delhi’s Lt Governor Najeeb Jung in New Delhi.
- Sachdev is the first women poet in Dogri language has been a recipient of Sahitya Akademi Award in 1971 for her poetry book ‘Meri Kavita Mere Geet’.
- Saraswati Samman is considered to be among the highest literary awards in India.
CRPF to appoint PV Sindhu as Commandant and brand ambassador
- Central Reserve Police Force India (CRPF) has decided to appoint Olympic silver medallist Pusarla Venkata Sindhu as it’s brand ambassador and bestow the honorary rank of Commandant.
- CRPF has moved a formal proposal in this regard to the Union Home Ministry and after getting required sanctions, Sindhu will be honoured.
- Few year back, Border Security Force(BSF) had appointed cricketer Virat Kohli as it’s brand ambassador.
Govt decides to issue 5th tranche of Sovereign Gold Bonds on September 23
- Union Government has decided to issue the fifth tranche of Sovereign Gold Bonds on 23rd September.
- The bonds will be accepted from 1st to 9th of September.
- The bonds will be sold through banks, Stock Holding Corporation of India Limited, designated post-office and recognised stock exchanges.
Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt’s London Olympics bronze medal upgraded to silver
- Indian Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt’s bronze medal (60kg freestyle) from the London Olympics-2012 has been upgraded to silver.
- Late Besik Kudukhov of Russia (second-place finisher) was stripped off his medal for failing a dope test.
- Kudukhov, who had died in a car crash in 2013 in southern Russia was found to have used a banned substance in a test conducted by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).