Dipa Karmakar first Indian to qualify for the finals of artistic Gymnastics
- She qualifies vault apparatus with average score of 14.850 and grabbed the 8th position to enter into the finals.
- The finals of the artistic Gymnastics will be held on August 14, 2016.
Tarun Ramadorai Committee to look at household finances in India
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had set up a Tarun Ramadorai committee to look at the various facets of household finance in India.
- The committee will also set a benchmark for India’s position vis-à-vis both the peer countries and advanced countries.
- Dr. Tarun Ramadorai is a Professor of Financial Economics at University of Oxford.
Project “Swachh Survekshan-2017” launched in New Delhi
- Union Minister of Urban Development M.Venkaiah Naidu launched a project “Swachh Survekshan-2017” in New Delhi.
- The objective of this project is to assess and rank 500 cities based on levels of sanitation and efforts made by respective urban local bodies.
Bernard Farrelly, Australian surfing champion passed away
- Bernard Farrelly an Australian surfing champion passed away at the age of 71. He was known as Midget for his slight size.
- In 1964, he won the first official surfing World Championship at Sydney’s Manly Beach.
- He was inducted into the Australia Hall of Fame in 1985.
Uttarakhand leads chart in industry, service sectors growth: Assocham
- According to the Assocham reports, Uttarakhand state leads the chart of the states in the country in terms of growth in the industry and service sectors in the last ten years. The report covers data of ten years from 2004-05 to 2014-15.
- Uttarakhand has ranked at the first position by attaining the highest compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.5 per cent and 12.3 per cent in industry and services sectors during the period among states across India.
Union Minister Prakash Javadekar inaugurates Chhattisgarh’s first IIT
- Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar has inaugurated the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) - Raipur at the Government Engineering College campus.
- The IIT will have its own campus by the time its first batch of students pass out.
IRCTC signs MoU with Manipur govt to provide hospitality & tourism services
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) and the Manipur government have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), which seeks to provide improved hospitality and tourism services to their customers by making 'joint use of their capabilities and facilities'.
- The MoU entails upon both the parties to identify areas of cooperation and draw up detailed plans for the development of joint tourism products and opening and managing various catering and hospitality outlets, budget hotels and handicrafts shops at railway as well as non-railway locations.
Over 1000 Dancing Robots Set Guinness Record In China
- A new Guinness World Record for the most robots dancing simultaneously has been set in China where 1,007 robots shimmied in unison, nearly double the previous record.
- The attempt was organised by Qingdao-based Ever Win Company which almost doubled the previous record of 540 dancing robots which was achieved earlier this year by Chinese company UBTECH Robotics Corp.
First-ever 'Pizza ATM' opens in the US
- The first-ever 'Pizza ATM' has been installed at a university campus of US by French- based company Paline, which developed the ATM.
- The pizza vending machine on the campus of Xavier University (XU) in Ohio can hold seventy 12-inch pizzas and dispense them fresh and hot in just three minutes. The cost of each pizza is around $10, with the ATM accepting credit and debit cards, as well as a student card.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here