1. Despite all the policeman's questions, the lady continued to affirm that she ______ innicent.
c. had been
2. The legal obligation is being grossly violated _____ most of the drug firms.
3. ______ we think deserve the award will certainly get it.
4. Any help that you can give me will be a_________.
5. No Sooner did he _____ open the telegram, than he fell down unconscious.
6. _____ all the possibilities, I really believe that I would prefer not to make any changes.
c. having considered
7. The commission has recommended an addition of 20 percent of the basic pay ___ a minimum of Rs.50 for fixing the pay.
a. subjected to
b. subject to
c. subjecting to
8. Until he ______ confessed his fault, he will not be included in the team.
c. will have
d. would have
9. Much _______ since they were last here.
a. has happened
d. had happened
c. was happening
d. would have happened
10. The messenger ____ hardly read or write.
c. does not
11. The gypsies do not live __________ at a particular place.
12. The dress was guaranteed not to ________.
13. He is very fortunate __________ having fgood friends.
14. It is difficult to say how many of these poor people are being deprived _________ their basic freedom.
15. John totally disapproved _________ his friend Deniel's behaviour at the social gathering.