Indo-US Economic Summit from September 13
- The 2-day Indo-US Economic Summit will begin in New Delhi on September 13.
- Leaders from business, government and academia from both the countries will participate in the summit.
Download IBPS PO Notes on your AppInstall GK Digest Android App here
Bakytzhan Sagintayev appointed as the Prime Minister of Kazakhstan
- Bakytzhan Sagintaev appointed as Prime minister of Kazakhstan by Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev on September 9,2016.
- Kazakhstan, a Central Asian country and former Soviet republic
Qatar National Bank soon to open branch in India
- Qatar National Bank (QNB) has received approval from India's regulatory authorities to open a branch in the country and begin operations.
- The bank has its presence in more than 30 countries.
World’s 1st robotic eye operation performed in Britain
- British surgeons have successfully performed the world’s first robotic operation inside the eye, potentially revolutionising the way such conditions are treated.
- The procedure was carried out at John Radcliffe hospital in Oxford.
Jamie Murray-Bruno Soares win US Open doubles title
- Great Britain’s Jamie Murray and Brazil's Bruno Soares won their second Grand Slam doubles title, defeating Spaniards Pablo Carreño Busta and Guillermo García-López 6-2, 6-3.
- This was Murray’s 3rd doubles slam title of his career, and 2nd with Bruno Soares, with the pair winning the Australian Open earlier this year.
Vietnam wins 1st Paralympic gold with world record
- Vietnam won its first-ever Paralympic gold medal after para weightlifter Le Van Cong lifted 183 kgs, to set a new world record at the event.
- Vietnam also ended its six-decade-long wait for an Olympic gold last month in Rio with a record-breaking performance by shooter Hoang Xuan Vinh in the 10-metre air pistol shooting event.
US Navy reveals interior of $4.4 bn Zumwalt destroyer
- United states (US) Navy has demonstrated the interiors of Zumwalt destroyer.
- The 186-metre-long ship is equipped with stealth features and a gun system that can launch 600 rocket-powered projectiles at targets more than 110 kilometres away.
Real Madrid secures 15th straight La Liga win
- Real Madrid registered a 5-2 win over Osasuna in the La Liga, marking a 15th straight league win.
- Thereby equalling their longest winning streak in Spain. Ronaldo
Yoga guru Ramdev sets up mega food park in Nagpur
- Renowned Yog Guru and founder of Patanjali group Baba Ramdev has laid the foundation stone of his dream project Patanjali Mega Food and Herbal Park in Mihan area which is located at outskirts of Nagpur.
- He announced that Patanjali group will give soft loans to farmers in the area for producing various agro products.
Angelique Kerber wins US Open Tennis tournament
- German professional tennis player Angelique Kerber won her first U.S. Open title and the second Grand Slam trophy of her breakthrough season.
- The German defeated Karolina Pliskova 6-3, 4-6, 6-4.