India Blue wins 2016-2017 Duleep Trophy tournament
- Gautam Gambhir-led India Blue has won the day/night Duleep Trophy Cricket tournament (55th season) played with a pink ball (5-day)in Greater Noida.
- In the Final, they defeated India Red captained by Yuvraj Singh by 355 runs.
- Cheteshwar Pujara was named the Player of the Match.
- Ravinder Jadeja bagged 5 wickets in the second innings, finished the game with a 10-wicket.
Download Free IBPS PO NotesInstall GK Digest Android App here
Graeme Hick signs deal to become Australia’s batting coach
- Former England batsman Graeme Hick (50-year)has been appointed as Australia’s new full-time batting coach until March 2020.
- Hick has been Cricket Australia’s high-performance coach since 2013.
- Hick will take up his post before Australia host South Africa for three tests later this year.
15 September: International Day of Democracy
- International Democracy Day is being observed to raise public awareness about the democratic system.
- This year’s theme is “Democracy and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”.
- The UN General Assembly had decided in November 2007 to observe ‘International Democracy Day‘ every year on 15th September.
Hiroshi Nakagawa takes over as Chairman of Isuzu Motors India
- Japanese automobile maker Isuzu Motors has appointed Hiroshi Nakagawa as the Chairman of Isuzu Motors India (IMI).
- Hiroyasu Miura, the erstwhile Chairman of IMI will take over as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Isuzu Engineering Business Centre India Pvt Ltd (IEBCI).
- Isuzu Motors Limited is a Japanese commercial vehicle and diesel engine manufacturing company headquartered in Tokyo.
Nawazuddin appointed brand ambassador of UP farmers’ scheme
- The Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has appointed Bollywood actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui as the brand ambassador of its flagship programme ‘Samajwadi Kisan Beema Yojana‘.
- The scheme provides for cashless treatment up to Rs 2.5 lakh and Rs. one lakh for the organ transplant.
Axis Bank, BHU team up for banking courses
- Axis Bank has tied up with Faculty of Commerce at Banaras Hindu University (BHU) to offer specialised banking courses.
- The partnership will offer courses like Master of Financial Management (MFM), Masters in Commerce (M.Com.), Master of Financial Management (Risk & Insurance),Master of Foreign Trade etc.
- The courses will be designed to introduce the students to functioning of banking industry in India and to academically and vocationally prepare them for corporate world.
Vice-President to represent India at 17th NAM Summit
- Vice-President Md. Hamid Ansari will represent India at the upcoming 17th Summit of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM).
- The Summit will be held at Margarita Island in Venezuela on 17th and 18th September.
- India hosted the 7th NAM Summit in 1983 in New Delhi and last NAM Summit was hosted by Iran in 2012.
- The summit will be preceded by deliberations at the Ministerial and Senior Official levels.
Defence Minister launches re-designed website of DDP
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has launched the re-designed website of Department of Defence Production (DDP) in New Delhi.
- The website has used the Content Management Framework (CMF) developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- The website provides news updates, policies, procedures, publications, directory of officials and media contents.
196% growth registers in tourist arrival in August 2016
- A total of over 66 thousand tourists arrived in August this year as compared to around 22 thousand during the month of August 2015.
- Over 196% growth has been registered in tourist arrival on e-Tourist Visa in August this year over the same period last year.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here