India and Vietnam sign 12 agreements to boost bilateral ties
- India and Vietnam have signed 12 agreements for cooperation in areas like defence, IT, space, double taxation and sharing white shipping information, signaling a strong upward push in their strategic ties.
- The agreements were signed by the two sides officials in presence of PM Narendra Modi and his Vietnamese counterpart Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
- India will provide $500 million credit line for Vietnam for defence cooperation. India also offered a grant of $5 million to set up a software park in Vietnam.
- Modi is the fourth Indian Prime Minister to visit Vietnam during the past about 50 years.
Download Mobile Friendly Notes
Install GK Digest Android App here
Dr. K K Aggarwal elected National President of IMA
Cardiologist Dr.K K Aggarwal has been elected as the National President of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) for the year 2016-17.
- Now, he is the Secretary General of the doctors association.
- The Indian Medical Association (IMA) is a national voluntary organization of Doctors of Modern Scientific System of Medicine in India(29 state/UT branches).
- IMA has over 2,53,000 doctors as its members through more than 1,650 active local branches spread across the country.
Kerala appoints Sachin as brand ambassador for anti-liquor campaign
Legendary Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar has been appointed as the brand ambassador for anti- liquor and anti-drug campaign in the state.
- This was part of the government’s move to create awareness among people against alcoholism and drug in the state.
- Kerala will open up more de-addiction centers for the benefit of the addicted.
Maha Governor C V Rao sworn in as acting Governor of Tamil Nadu
Maharashtra Governor Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao has sworn in as the acting Governor of Tamil Nadu at a ceremony held in Raj Bhavan as the tenure of K. Rosaiah ended on 31 August.
- Rao has been administered oath of office by the Madras High Court’s Chief Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul at the Raj Bhavan, Chennai.
Odisha govt launches Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana
- The Objective of the Yojana to improve sex ratio at birth and child sex ratio.
- The scheme will ensure enrollment of girls in elementary education, tracking dropout girls from schools and creating a better environment for them.
TVSN Prasad Committee submitted its report on use of Pallet Guns
TVSN Prasad committee has submitted its report to Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi.
- The committee was not in favor of completely removal of the pellet guns in the Kashmir Valley but suggests that it should be replaced with the polymer, rubber and paper bullets.
- Earlier, the Joint Secretary of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has constituted a seven-member expert committee on the use of pallet guns.
Assamese poet Nalini Dhar Bhattacharyya passes away
Eminent, Assamese poet and author Nalinidhar Bhattacharyya (95-year) passed away in Guwahati.
- He was the winner of the Sahitya Akademi award.
- The Assam Sahitya Sabha had honored him with the title of ‘Sahityacharya’ in 2010.
- Bhattacharyya was a former principal of Arya Vidyapeeth College, Guwahati.
President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov passes away
Uzbekistan’s President Islam Karimov (78-year) passed away at Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Karimov had dominated Uzbekistan for more than 25 years.
- He was the first President of Uzbekistan from 1990 to 2016.
DCB Bank launches mobile payment service for retail outlets
DCB Bank has announced to launched of mobile-based payment solution mVisa for easier retail payment.
- Customers can now pay through their smartphones by scanning the unique Quick Response (QR) code at the retail outlet.
- mVisa is a card less mobile payment solution that offers customers the convenience of doing digital payments at retail outlets.
- DCB Bank has partnered with M2P Solutions and GI Technology to implement mVisa.
All India Police Athletics Championship begins in Hyderabad
Telangana Governor E S L Narasimhan has declared to open the 65th All India Police Athletics Championship (AIPAC) at the GMC Balayogi stadium in Hyderabad.
- Over thousand sportspersons including 300 women from various state police departments and paramilitary force are taking part in the annual event being organized by the Central Industrial Security Force(CISF).
- The championship will continue till 7th of this month.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here